Trust Me

Trust Me

A Story by Ki
"

Confidence.

"
She struts down the hall. A smile on her face, her head held high. She is wearing some crazy outfit that she loves. She hear the snarky comments of the "popular girls, but guess what? She doesn't care. Secretly, the girls probably envy her ability to brush off their remarks.

Because it doesn't matter. What people think. When you look back, do you really think that you'll care that some random kid made a comment about your outfit? Confidence. Most people wish they could be confident. They wish they could do what they love and not be criticized for it. But guess what? Being a kid today, with all these narrow minded people, you're probably going to be ridiculed for not being like everyone else. The trick is to not care. Which is easier said than done. Just remember what what they're REALLY saying is, "Wow. That person isn't afraid to express themselves. I'm jealous that I'm too scared to do that, so I'm going to mock them and make it seem like a bad thing to be different."

If you're one of those people who are mean to individualists, don't be. Who are you to judge someone who is just being themselves? We aren't perfect. We shouldn't have this idea that different is bad. Because it's really not. Trust me.

© 2010 Ki


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very true!! I wish I had confidence, myself, but I'm very sure that you do - which makes me happy. :) I love how you aren't afraid to go out and do whatever you want to do and you do it proudly. I only wish I had as much confidence as you!! I hope that the people who read this that don't have much confidence, like myself, realize that all you've said here is very true.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

297 Views
1 Review
Added on December 27, 2010
Last Updated on December 27, 2010
Tags: Confidence, individuality, trust me, story, Michiko

Author

Ki
Ki

MN



About
Hi. I'm currently not adding any additional writing. more..

Writing
We are one We are one

A Poem by Ki


Who I Am Who I Am

A Poem by Ki


Breaking Dawn Breaking Dawn

A Poem by Ki