My friend, My lover, a forgetful goddess

My friend, My lover, a forgetful goddess

A Story by Mac. S
"

Another short

"
There's the everlasting saying "Opposites attract." A year after my meeting her, I would have said the opposite. This is because I thought me and her were so similar, and that's why we got along. But now, all these years later, I see that me and her are unalike in many ways. We locked horns like the tauruses we are. This isn't unhealthy, rather, I consider it extremely healthy.

There are two ways people learn about eachother and are exposed eachother. One is to hate them so passionately, in a way you love them. The other is to love them so fiercly, you sort of hate them. But nonetheless, these two ways expose yourselves to eachother. Through argument you break down the walls we put up for even lovers, for a short time. And the words she said when she was exposed bare to me, the words we both know could never be lie, I held on to during troubiling times. I'm still human, I'm still prone to doubt and fear, but I always reminded myself of her words. They kept me safe and stable. But her memory was much more volatile

She has always been forgetful of my words, even when I wrote her a love poem per morn. She also forgot her own. Her solution to this was to save them in any way she could, I saved her words too when written, and I would almost nightly go back and remind myself why I put up with what I did. I don't know if she ever did.

It seemed like for every century she forgot, I remembered ten. For every word she didn't say I produced a thousand. For every fear she had I absolved a hundred. But it never seemed to be good enough, she always forgot: she always needed more. Some have called me foolish for having been so absolutely devoted to her, delusional is love and hate. I remember a night I felt alone and I hated myself, and she was there. I dedicated myself to her for so many reasons. One of which was how I looked at it.

The hammer that shatters glass forges steel
But over and over again. I figured if I kept letting us break apart at our core, we would keep building eachother up. We would keep growing closer, and that's exactly what we did. Sometimes even I felt like it was all a waste, somenights I would want to burn her words and erase "us" from my mind. Then when she came to her senses, I dreamed of breaking her heart. But everytime, something would keep me there, and I would grow to regret my thoughts.

This pattern seems like it could last a life-time, and likely more. The forgetful goddess, for every century she forget I remember ten.

© 2017 Mac. S


Author's Note

Mac. S
Honestly I needed to write something, for a few reasons. I haven't written in a bit and figure I owed something whilst trying to conjure the next chapter for my "book".

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

90 Views
Added on September 13, 2017
Last Updated on September 13, 2017

Author

Mac. S
Mac. S

About
I'm another writer, posting stuff on this site for archival purposes mainly. I'm a rather young person that wants to use my writing to help people through their troubles that I might relate to. I l.. more..

Writing
Horizons Horizons

A Story by Mac. S


First:Balance First:Balance

A Story by Mac. S