How far does the Red Thread of Fate stretch?

How far does the Red Thread of Fate stretch?

A Story by Mac. S
"

A Chinese myth called "Red Thread of Fate", I ask how far it stretches

"
There is a Chinese myth that tells of the gods tying together two people that are destined to play a part in the other's life often as lovers. These strings are said to be able to stretch around the world. These threads may be tout, flowing: tattered, whole. But when do they snap? And if they are truly the will of the gods and unable to snap, can they be cut?

If one's will is to cut their thread with another, can they do it? Or will they? I think not. If you are tied to another by this simple red thread, then I don't think we'd want to cut it. Maybe at times we would, but when push comes to shove, we'll probably find ourselves in eachother's arms. I think this thread is fickle, intentionally. It may survive the tides of life and roller coasters of trial, but at the human hand, we could untie it anytime we want, cut it away. But we choose not too, why?

Maybe it's because we think it can't be cut, but I think it's because we feel like we belong somewhere, to someone. And that subconsciously we like that, even when it's hard to be tied to that person. Somewhere inside us we know we'll never have that thread again. That we've been granted one for our eternity.

I use to be very cynical of these kinds of myths, the idea of "love", and the notion that we could never cut ties with someone. But I can tell you now, if you don't know already, it's something you have to experience to believe in. I use to be hated to be told that, I use to think all I ever needed to live and be happy was in a book. To live, sure. But I never knew what happiness was until I experienced it. I never knew all the emotions I was missing out on.

I had always thought that being "fine" was happy. I had always thought that if I'm not sad, then I'm happy. This will sound assinine of me, but this was one of the once in a blue moon occasions I was wrong: and was glad to be.

© 2017 Mac. S


Author's Note

Mac. S
Just some thoughts, late night.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

108 Views
Added on October 30, 2017
Last Updated on October 30, 2017

Author

Mac. S
Mac. S

About
I'm another writer, posting stuff on this site for archival purposes mainly. I'm a rather young person that wants to use my writing to help people through their troubles that I might relate to. I l.. more..

Writing
Horizons Horizons

A Story by Mac. S


First:Balance First:Balance

A Story by Mac. S