Life: Two sidewalks

Life: Two sidewalks

A Story by Mac. S
"

Life Lanes

"
Life is two sidewalks split by a gap. This gap is the path you walk; and although it's self-centered to think this way, this is how we see it. These sidewalks have everyone that you interact with moving past you at the speed of light. Interactions as small as a careless "Hello" that do little to 'suade your step. To interactions that make your day better or worse, someone's compliment, or incompetence at work.

These interactions slow down that person as they pass, the slowness proportionate to their impact on you. This gives you more time to remember their face, whether or not you see them again is unknown. And as the days, the weeks, the months, the years pass by us: they drop off more problems in our way in this narrow gap we walk.

For some interactions they can be so meaningful that a person reaches down and grabs our hand. Whether they bring us back in life or forward, we don't know yet. But as enough people bring us back, eventually one will bring us forward. And even if just a little bit, we can look at them and begin to recognise people that hurt us: and those that help us. Only through mistakes can we learn this.

This is still not the most beautiful thing about these so called "Life Lanes". What is most beautiful is the direction we go. Some people go back, they can't see the end of the road and so they think it's easier to speed back in life, towards death. These people hurt us. But even they, on occasion, get someone helpful. Hopefully this person can 'suade their step enough to turn them around to bettering their life. To not worry about what is at the end of this endless road.

And some people go forward naturally. No matter who we have affect us, we will naturally walk the direction we face. Some people face forward and despite all the mistakes and failed loves, they move forward. Often not well known why. Despite not seeing the end of the road from the perspective of a gap in the ground. When one person comes along and grabs their hand, they may lift them high enough to see that the lanes go only as far as we do. To see that the ending is what and when we make of it.

Our Lovers in this Life of Lanes are these people. The ones that are with us and guide us to the end. In reality this is a much more mutual relationship. But from our perspective, does it not feel like our lovers carry us? Does it not feel like they are our great escape from all the troubles and pain in the rut we are born in? Do we not almost see them as a living angel?

We can never see the end until we face the right direction, and are shown to it by the one we love: by the one that loves us. And we also never know who it is holding our hand. Whether they are good or bad for us, whether it will last or not. This is why we often cling to the one we love after so much loss. But through time we will come to be faithful in them. Then trusting. And we'll never regret a second with them.

© 2017 Mac. S


Author's Note

Mac. S
I was tired, wokeup in the middle of the night and got to thinking. Needed to write anyways, ignore mistakes. I hope you can take something from it. Have a goodnight and a beautiful day everyone.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

100 Views
Added on December 11, 2017
Last Updated on December 11, 2017

Author

Mac. S
Mac. S

About
I'm another writer, posting stuff on this site for archival purposes mainly. I'm a rather young person that wants to use my writing to help people through their troubles that I might relate to. I l.. more..

Writing
Horizons Horizons

A Story by Mac. S


First:Balance First:Balance

A Story by Mac. S