Broken Sparrow Dreams

Broken Sparrow Dreams

A Poem by MachinaWriter
"

performed writing, and a poem...

"
On a sparrow's bandaged

                  broken wings

                          I am carried

over these shifting seas of sand;

from my marrow they have managed

                  to extract unspoken things

                                             unspoken needs

                  to know who I truly am...


Am I fearful

      of these dreams?

Of the unspoken question I've seen

                        carved upon their faces?

                               In their eyes so full of need?


I'm not sure.

Because as this broken sparrow flies

I cry;

         not from sorrow inside

                not from grief in their eyes

I cry because I know

                on broken wings

                          I believe.

                on broken wings

                           I dream.



 

© 2014 MachinaWriter


Author's Note

MachinaWriter
Performed Writing. Something I'm working on at the moment, where I use the the 'act' of writing to convey emotion, not just the writing itself. Using doodles, pauses, and other things to convey the emotion of "writing" a poem or story, it is a connection to the act of creating and not just to the creation itself. At least, that's my eventual goal. This is my second attempt at such a thing, and is nearly half the length of the first attempt. Still, if you find yourself with some free time, I recommend looking at "Coffee Stains & Painted Skies".

I use doodles, camera shaking, blackening of the screen, and other effects to highlight certain emotions and thoughts that go through my mind while creating a poem. Let me know what you think, of the poem and of the video.

Be sure to like, subscribe, share, comment and all that other good stuff people usually say at the end of a YouTube video xD I can also be reached on twitter and my facebook page, dedicated to writing, in case you have any questions or are interested in more things like this.

-----
*Facebook Page*
https://www.facebook.com/machinawriting/

*Twitter*
https://twitter.com/machinawriter

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is incredible. The poem is beautiful in itself, and the idea of illustrating the actual act of writing is pure genius. It must be fun to create such a piece. I've been reminded of why I always enjoyed your work.

Posted 8 Years Ago


You had me with those 'bandaged wings'....the band aids of life are totally necessary to realize our dreams and desires. Imagery is off the charts, even without the video, I read it first then watched, same impact! Keep on dreaming and etching this fine poetry....outstanding !

Posted 10 Years Ago


MachinaWriter

10 Years Ago

Thank you Frieda! And I love the new picture, very classy lol
Frieda P

10 Years Ago

Ha thanks, I was feeling Marilynish today ;-) My pleasure always!
I couldn't watch the video, I didn't think it would really be needed after how well you've drawn the images through words. This is a really inspiring poem, very realistic and sometimes scary. If you meant that we make dreams on broken wings , you are right there, and that is fearful [ at least from my perspective ]. Its frightening how daring we [ people ] are to build and fly on broken sparrow wings.


Posted 10 Years Ago


MachinaWriter

10 Years Ago

I spent quite some time with this poem, layering meaning in each line and stanza. Which is why it is.. read more
Dinali Sathma

10 Years Ago

Your welcome.
As is often the case, your writing demands multiple reads, which is a great thing when it comes to poetry. I really like your inspirational strategy here as well...it's innovative, and transcends the poetry itself and spills over into mixed media. As for the poem itself, it reminds me of the poet's general plight...how much of your soul will you be brave enough to bare? And are good dreams really any better than bad dreams, when you feel just as bad, almost resentful, from morning's interruption? I may be off the mark interpretation-wise, but as mentioned above, your poetry is sophisticated and usually requires multiple reads. It only took one read for me to be sufficiently spellbound by your imagery here. Great work as always.

Posted 10 Years Ago


MachinaWriter

10 Years Ago

lol Thanks man! And thanks for taking the time to look at it and to find me on my facebook page. Eve.. read more
So very cool. These broken wings still seem to fly, perhaps not the straightest of lines, but fly nonetheless. This is a beautiful poem my friend, a little sad but filled with hope.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Jack...

10 Years Ago

Hey, just some advice, by putting your music at the top of your poem it blocks the favorite box so I.. read more
MachinaWriter

10 Years Ago

Really? Oh, I'm gonna go fix that lol
MachinaWriter

10 Years Ago

I fixed it on this video and the other one. Thanks for letting me know that.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

565 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on March 9, 2014
Last Updated on March 9, 2014

Author

MachinaWriter
MachinaWriter

Springfield, IL



About
My original passion has always been in writing stories. Most of them were fantasy stories, because I always wanted to escape. That's what it was. An escape from the troubles of life. Joining this site.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..