On the 101 (roses and skulls)

On the 101 (roses and skulls)

A Poem by ColorblindMartian.

I know I won't feel right, or at least semi-functional human being.
It rests deep beneath me, my dear brother in arms has gone missing!
Soon we find, that he is captured, shedding light on everything, look we see lady liberty!
A hallow tree has taken root, deeply resting,in-between my memories. Admittedly, I never said a word, now deep within the confusion, you must look right, this punishment for the low-life.
And imagine the kids. Oh did I mention, he was pregnant with two twin babies. Sarrow and deafening
Trying to just catch breath, I feel this cold feeling run down my neck, I utterly accept, the conditions we chose to live in!
Please take this as my confession, my final chance to fess up to all my s**t, to my chagrin, I know if I get the chance too see you again.

I would probally hug you, and turn and run as far away as I can get from you.
But honestly I won't. Will chat and have a smoke
And laugh, until we choke, man it's hard to give that memory away.
Because honestly, you were my brother. And now you've gone away, left yourself vulnerable to the desert state.

Don't get high anymore, promise me that, give me just that little thing, and her pain is for only son, locked and starvin, how can I not get high though, the only comfort I have stuck in limbo.

Now I rest on green grass, looking at the gravestone, Talking to my past.
Hold on too your friends, because sometimes people don't get back home.

© 2011 ColorblindMartian.


Author's Note

ColorblindMartian.
My laptop is broken, so I wrote this on my iPod. And that equals= typos.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Beautiful and well written! The flow is great as well, has a sense of sadness to it too!

Posted 13 Years Ago


I understand the way this is and i realy liked reading it. Youre eriting is great.

Posted 13 Years Ago


great poem, loved it :) has great meaning,and is very true

Posted 13 Years Ago


I can relate to this, one of my dearest friends, we planned to marry when he got home from Viet Nam, He never came home. First he was Mia, then POw and when he didn't come home with the other Pows, he was declared KIA. No matter the acronym, he never came home, his grave is empty, just a gravestone on to symbolize the special person he was.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

273 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 28, 2011
Last Updated on January 28, 2011

Author

ColorblindMartian.
ColorblindMartian.

Riverton, , UT



About
My name Is Marcus. I write words. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Sorry Sorry

A Poem by Cynthia


Lead Me Lead Me

A Poem by Cynthia