Chapter 1 The coffee house

Chapter 1 The coffee house

A Chapter by Mackenzie Brooke
"

Mackenzie's View

"

I stepped into the coffee house and saw my dear friend Sammi waiting for me on the same familiar couch she always sat on.

 

“Hi Sammi” I said then turned to see Koda sitting next to her. “Oh, hey Koda didn’t see you there.”

 

Then I took a seat in the same old leather chair that always seemed to smell of shoe polish and pine. While Sammi and Koda continued their conversation I had one of those strange moments were you go back and really think about something you always knew. In this moment I closely examined the two woman I call best friend.

 

Sammi is impossibly stunning. Her dark brown eyes are as warm and welcoming as a teddy bear, she has marble like skin, white teeth and luscious pink lips. Sammi had died her hair (again) so it’s pink on top and black at the bottom. She is fun, awkward, random, caring and but has an amazing sense of style which is probably what makes her such a great photographer.

 

Koda is not only smart kind and creative she is also humble. She has light brown hair and eyes, and looked the girl next door. Her amazing art skills are the envy of local galleries.

 

I looked up and noticed the book in Koda’ s hand.

 

“Oh Koda” I sighed.

 

“What?” she said in response.

 

“ Your still reading that stupid book.”

 

“Yes I am and I’m not giving up.”

Okay allow me to fill you in, roughly six months ago Koda found a little black book wedged in between the cushions of the couch. This book was full of deep meaningful and romantic poetry and after reading it Koda was convinced that the writer (some guy who called himself the forgotten prince) was her soul mate.

 

“Koda you’ve wasted the last six months of your life searching for some guy you don’t even know.” I said

 

“I know that I haven’t have a clue in the world who the man behind these words are but I can’t help but feel like were destined to meet.” She said holding the book to her chest smiling.

 

I sighed leaned back and began to stare at the ceiling.

 

“Sammi” I said

 

“Ya” she responded.

 

“ Your boyfriend is on the ceiling.”

Puzzled both Sammi and Koda got up from the coach and looked at the ceiling above me.

 

“Oh they finally put up a Black veil Brides poster.” Sammi said

 

Okay so your probably asking yourself two things about now. First what the heck is Black Veil Brides. Second what is a band poster doing in a coffee house. Sammi is engaged to the guitarist Jinxx. Yes when I first met I had a bit of a fan girl moment but Jinxx and I have grown so close he’s like a big brother to me now.

 

Black Veil Brides is a Rock band. They play heavy music and look like a combo of Motley Crue and Kiss. Each member does his makeup in their own specific way. They wear almost everything black, leather pants, leather jackets, studs, boots, etc. They are one of my personal favorite bands and I have loved them since the first time I heard the song Knives and Pens.

 

Now to answer your second question , The Music Bean has music poster covering almost every inch of wall. Everything from Buddy Holly to now Black Veil Brides.

I looked at the Black Veil Brides poster and couldn’t help but stare at the lead singer Andy. His deep blue eyes, black hair, and facial features looked almost to perfect to be human. Then I realized how hypocritical I was by me telling Koda not to love the guy who wrote those poems, when the lyrics Andy writes make my heart flutter and I don’t even know him.

 

“Oh Mackenzie I have a huge favor to ask?” Sammi said with hopeful eyes

 

“What is it?” I said my voice full of fear.

 

“Well, Hot Topic just hired me to be the photographer for their new dress line.”

 

“Oh My God Sammi that’s great.”

 

“Yeah, so great that their letting me pick the last model they need and I thought you’d be perfect for the job.”

 

I froze. Why would Sammi even suggest that. No way on earth do I even have the looks to be a model, plus I’ve never even done anything like that in my life. So I spent the next 5 seconds deep in thought and came to a decision.

 

“Okay….. I’ll do it.” then the next thing I knew Sammi jumped on me laughing and smiling

 

“Thank you, thank you, thank you won’t regret this I promise.”

 

She said hugging me

 

“Okay Sammi please get off I can’t breath.”

 

“Oh Sorry”

 

We all laughed but inside I was screaming. What have I gotten myself into.



© 2012 Mackenzie Brooke


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I really like this story so far.
It has humor and it is based on one of my favorite bands.
Some critiques: Where it says she is observing the two "woman" it should be "women".
The two main questions in the beginning and the one at the end need question marks
Other than that this is a really good story so far and I can't wait to read the next two chapters on here. :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Ya... I like BVB's music, but not their make-up or clothes... too showy....

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

169 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 14, 2012
Last Updated on April 26, 2012


Author

Mackenzie Brooke
Mackenzie Brooke

wonderland



About
About Me Hello I'm Mackenzie (not my real name) and writing is my life. I love to write more then anything. I will never stop writing till the day I die. I went through a very dark period o.. more..

Writing