Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Mackenzie Brooke

I feel the aching pain once again take over my entire body. I manage to open my eyes but only to see the sick twisted smiles across their faces. 

 

“Aaahhhhhh”

 

 I scream as once again the pain of 1000 bolts of electricity course through my body. I bit down on my lip, hard until I taste blood.

 

“This can all go away all the pain, all the torture, all the feeling of weakness just tell us where they are and freedom is yours.” Said the man in the chair in front of me

 

I spit at him and, oh, no, not again!

 

“Aaahhhhhh”

 

Once again the pain the kind of pain that makes death sound so sweet found its way inside of me.  Sweat ran down my face. Cuts, cuts all over my body. Blood lots of blood. Then I could have sworn I heard something crack. Then the man in front of me began to talk…. again.

 

“I’m surprised it’s taking you so long, when your freedom the thing you cherished all your life is on the line”.

 

Is this what my life has come to. My entire life from now on will all be based on this decision.

 

My friends or my freedom?

 



© 2012 Mackenzie Brooke


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Great start. The curiosity in me makes me want to read more because I want to know what she/he will choose.

Posted 11 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Sam
Very interesting prologue, the punctuation is off a little bit, excellent start though. Can't wait to read more of it.

Posted 11 Years Ago


I thought this was a very interesting prologue. I agree with Angie Diane but I also feel this could use a bit more description. I know its just the prologue but that should be just as well written as the rest of the story. I kind of felt you and I had the same word choice for a lot of this as well oddly enough lol. Great chapter.

Posted 11 Years Ago


The punctuation is off. There should be an exclamation point after the ahhh! And the periods should be inside of the quotation marks. All and all this is interesting. It is keeping me guessing. I will read on. Thanks for sharing.

Posted 11 Years Ago


An intense start. You've certainly set the stage here. I wonder what you have in store for us.

Posted 11 Years Ago


There are several punctuation mistakes. And I'm confused so I'll keep reading but it's good.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Wow. Hmm. That was interesting...

I smell John Proctor reference. Just sayin'.

Anyhow, I'm curious to see as to who's getting held up, why, and who's holding them up. Why are they hurting them? What did they do? Did something bad happen? Who's really the good guys?

That's gonna be a tough choice to make. Friends or freedom. Wish I could give you my input, but I dont know whats going yet. Better read more to figure that out.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

442 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 27, 2012
Last Updated on May 27, 2012


Author

Mackenzie Brooke
Mackenzie Brooke

wonderland



About
About Me Hello I'm Mackenzie (not my real name) and writing is my life. I love to write more then anything. I will never stop writing till the day I die. I went through a very dark period o.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Wings Wings

A Poem by Anonymous


Lie to Me Lie to Me

A Poem by Anonymous