Princess Rose Adventure (part 2 Chapters 6-10)

Princess Rose Adventure (part 2 Chapters 6-10)

A Story by macy
"

read Princess Rose Adventure (part 1 chapters 1-5)

"

CHAPTER SIX

Tamarise Daughter of Mother Nature

There we were on our way but I was pretty sure the others were worried about the time we had left. And the time we would get back which we had all hoped to be back soon. We all seemed very hungry so we had an urge to thrive on the great river fish that Skyllar, Nathaniel, and Zane was nice enough to catch with a spear made out of a long branch and sharpened it with a knife. It took a lot of work to do it and the first one snapped in half the first time. Luckily we had more luck the second time or else we wouldn’t even have a meal to cherish and the smoky branches of the pine. I found a few dozen strawberries and was got three fish from the boy’s catch of thirty-seven fish among the small river. The other cousins found a lot of fruit along the edge of the river a quarter of a mile away from our resting grounds. I was full from all the fish and fruit and the cousins wanted some strawberries so I kindly gave them the delicious tangy sweet fruit. We all easily fell asleep by the warm dying embers that shimmered like the moon on the peaceful river.

During the passive night I suddenly awoke from something calling my name in a whisper. I quickly got up curiously for the sound of my name being called in the dead of night. The moon wasn’t seen because it was hidden behind the trees.

I went closer and closer to the shore of the river and louder and louder I heard the voice, as I walked even closer I thought that maybe it was one of the cousins trying to scare me so I went back to the camp and counted the cousins and thought only who or what could’ve said my name not the cousins. Dangil and Skyllar were even asleep and the woodland creatures were nestled tightly together. Just who could it have been?

As I searched that very early morning which happened to be the third day of our wild adventure we only had three more days left till we had to deliver the special flower to the anxious fairy Venus.

“I am Tamarise one of Mother Natures Fairy, I am one of her many daughters. Might I ask who are you?”

 “I’m Rose, are you the one who keeps calling my name?”

“You say your name is Rose, oh I’m very forgetful I don’t think I was but I do remember I was looking for some one it was my order from my mother, Mother Nature she is the Queen of nature and all of the fairies in the world.

“Well can you answer my question?”

“I think I am looking for you.”

“Alright then where do I go?”

“Just follow me to the portal.”

“Portal to where?”

“The portal to your suggested location.”

“I need to tell the Skyllar!”

“There is no time to warn him the portal will close soon!”

“Then at least let me carve it into this rock.”

“You have two minutes and seventeen seconds starting now, hurry!”

Skyllar I’m on my way to the orchard through a portal, if I do not come back I am most likely dead because the Ravines portal didn’t work and it killed me or I am on my way back to get you after I have retrieved the jade

I actually L

            “Hurry we have to go!”

            That’s where I had to leave off on my message, all I hope is that he finds it and reads it before he goes searching for me. The truth is I love him.

            We had to hurry, of course Tamarise could fly but I was treading in the wet soil it was very hard to get through, but in the end I was able to manage. We had finally reached the portal and I was simply clueless and a bit confused.

            Later on in the morning before the sun was up we reached the Ravine and the portal was still opened I was able to jump through it and once we did it happened to be sunrise and the knight would have come around by this time  from the shine in his beautiful green eyes.

            “Where are the flowers I need for Venus?”

            “The flowers are in the grove right over there do you see them?”

            “Oh yes there they are, can you excuse me I will be back in a short moment.”

I finally have the chance to redeem myself, once I get back to the castle. I would only love to marry Skyllar. He will soon be my husband, only if he will agree. If he does, he’ll become the new king after all I am sixteen old enough to wed. I just hope he says yes then I will be with my true love through the rest of my life even though I don’t believe in a happily ever after life and marriage.

            “I grabbed the flower, now can we go back to the group?”

            “You may now find your way back from the path there.”

            “Thank you for your help, but Tamarise could you help me?”

CHAPTER SEVEN

Henry the Lost Boy

As I walked through the gravel like passage way I noticed that there was a boy on the very end of it and he seemed confused and lost so I started to hurry on my way then I came close to the young fellow and then I asked

            “Young boy where is your parents?”

            “Oh they are gone right now.”

            “Might I ask where they are?”

            “My mother is actually dead and my father is somewhere trading goods with another kingdom and I haven’t heard from him in about two years. So now I am on my way to find him hopefully he is also on the search for me so it will be easier to find me but he probably already thinks that I am with my mother.”

            “Would you like to come home with me Orto my kingdoms castle?”

            “Of course, I would love to, would I become royalty?”

            “Well, what is your name?”

            “My name is Henry Ranes, might I ask yours?”

            “I am Rose Inez of the eastern compass kingdoms and I am currently on a quest so if you would like to come with me you should come now because I must continue it is a long journey.”

            “Well I will come with you right now but what is it I should call you?”

            “You can just call me Rose or any other name you can easily remember.”

            “Well I would really enjoy having an older sister.”

            “You are now a prince Henry, what do you want to do now?”

            “Complete your quest!”

            “So let’s complete it then.”

           I was awfully glad that Henry tagged along on my long journey to save the kingdoms. On the way there to the river shore there was a deer that completely distracted Henry and he followed it and afterwards we lost our path and finding the way back was extremely difficult to find our path once more. It was quite a while till we found the river and the group was still waiting for us on the opposite side of the winding river that seemed to flow at a constant speed of a simple flow of any liquid.

            “We can wade and walk across right Rose?”

            “Of course we can always wade but how deep is the water compared to how tall you are?”

            “It isn’t too deep for me to wade across. Rose I don’t know how to swim.”

            He said while he was struggling to breathe while close to an inch of water was his chin.

            “Are you in need of my assistance Henry? It’s not too much trouble I can just get in and hold your hand.

            “It’s alright I am fine.”

            “Henry you don’t always have to be so independent I mean it’s absolutely no trouble so should I get in and help you?”

            “Alright fine come in.”

            I was about to come in when Henry slipped against the bottom water rocks and slid to the bottom. I leaped in a grabbed his hand which had the worst grip on his minuscule hand that I had ever felt because it was drenched in water. I was able to pull him forth towards me and hold him tight in my controllable grasp. Skyllar soon heard my sudden scream of my foot being jammed with a rock that made a gash on my now very excruciatingly painful throbbing foot which by now wouldn’t heal for quite a time.

            “Rose!”

            “Skyllar help me!”

            “How?”

            “Do anything please I don’t think I can move! What should I do? I can’t stand. Should I drift?”

            “Just hang on I’m working out a solution to the problem. Alright Dangil you have to get that little boy in Roses arms while the cousins help me with Rose.”

            “Alright let’s do it before they get too far off the edge and spread through the Lavender Lake.”

Skyllar grabbed me after Dangil grabbed Henry’s delicate hand and pulled him out of the forceful river of slippery rocks and dirt suckers.

CHAPTER EIGHT the Tunnels Way

“The way is just through that cave we must hurry before time runs out!”

“I will lead everyone follow me.”

“Skyllar, are you sure you know what you are doing? Can you even see in there?”

“I can’t really see anything is there something out there that could help?”

“Not really what type of thing do you need?”

“Anything that can absorb light or you can burn out there? It could really help all of us.”

Skyllar started, I was limping in second, followed by the woodland creatures and Dangil with the Dozen Cousins. The cave was narrow there was little way and one torch didn’t really help with our sight. Luckily the tunnel passage was coming to an end and then everyone would gather for some food once we were out. It would never seem that the tunnel would shortly end.

The stench grew bad and everyone grew faintly ill within seconds. The animals ran away and the cousins passed out the only ones who could stand it was Dangil, Skyllar, Nathaniel, Zane, and Logan were still standing.

Dangil took the youngest dozen cousins, Skyllar carried me, Nathaniel took his cousins Zephrine, Zephrena, and Faith, Gavin was able to drag the others.

I got up under an oak tree by the smell of duck. The cousins weren’t awake yet and dangil was no where to be found.

Skyllar and I took a walk for a while not too far away from camp and we skipped rocks across a pond in the moonlight.

CHAPTER NINE

Our Conversation

We talked about the note I wrote on the rock and what the last word was about to say. I told him the truth, I loved him. We walked more and we sat down near the fire and we waited.

 His reaction was not faint more like the way I felt in telling him I really wasn’t lying I felt that way I just hoped he felt that way as well.

After we had stopped talking we went back to the fire and I had duck and tea made from boiled water with herbs added. The cousins still were in a deep sleep but we were able to wake them shortly after the suns light had left sight.

The day was tiring but it was illustrious and astonishing. The accomplishments were most striking through the night I had to swathe in bandage my dreadful and painful ankle. Some how I could live with it, I instantly relaxed and the pain was not felt, though it was still there.

CHAPTER TEN

On Our Way Again

We were back on our trail even though I couldn’t walk they made a pulley and pulled me around until we got there. She was no where to be found.

No Venus, anywhere. We just had to be patient. The thing I still regret is to have even accepted the quest. There she was near the water fall three hours away from my Rose Garden she had tricked us and lied to us.

All I wanted to do was to finish the quest. And she did not make it possible by saying she would be at the same spot we started the mission.

I was terrified of the coming storm and the war on the side of the area was no help and it lost our attention I just watched, thirty men down every hour every husband an we’ll d every man was taken from houses to go to battle.

I would only fight and argue with my father about ripping families apart and the deaths of many even the cause of the war was a common arguing topic. I couldn’t help but wonder why she’d lied. I was only able to get up every once in a while and I was still in a great amount of pain. Once the others got tired and rested I went to the garden and I confronted her, and I asked her why she had not been in the Garden before. She just stared at me in incredulity since she did not want to be accused of different. I wouldn’t believe the reason for deception and false.

“I did not lie to you, you are just early and I wasn’t anticipating you to be here in such time.”

“Do you still need the flowers?”

“Yes in fact I do. And since you are so uncouth I will set the worst on your kingdom or we will work out a deal, deal is we battle, you or any of your men verses any of mine from Craete who ever wins gets what they want.”

“When and where will it be?”

“It will be in one week. And where ever you want it to be. We can use magic; to bad you don’t have any.”

“Here are the flowers I guess I will see you in a week.”

As I was walking I just had to stop and call for the others. Nobody responded and I was still so exhausted I fell asleep back on my pulley and dosed the rest of the day until the wolves woke me. Skyllar awoke as well followed by Dangil, then Henry and then the cousins.

“We should get back to the castle, and fast it would seem our lives depend on it.”

 “The wolves will get to us if we don’t hurry and get there.”

Running as fast as they could while dragging me we ran and ran until we fell, even as we lost our breath we still kept running as fast as we could. The wolves were now in our sight the moon grew harder to see, the chill was unbearable, tripping and helping the others especially Henry it started to rain, and we were being chased by the wolves and it seemed like we were their prey.


© 2009 macy


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

327 Views
Added on December 23, 2009
Last Updated on December 23, 2009

Author

macy
macy

Stv, AZ



About
Realistic relatable Poetry writer more..

Writing