Princess Rose Adventure (part 4 Chapters 16-18)

Princess Rose Adventure (part 4 Chapters 16-18)

A Story by macy
"

read part 1 2 and 3

"

CHAPTER SIXTEEN

The Transport

He went to his shed behind the raggedy looking home and grabbed the orbs one was blood red and the other was olive green. I was really

Interested the orb didn’t glow until it hit the Ravine, then it was lit up.”

“When should I jump the Ravine, when will I be back?”

“You jump now and you come back when the portal is opened in three hours, I will get you good luck!”

Before I could say another word I was in a plain area, no trees or bushes or flowers at all only grass as far as I could see and no hills anywhere I was afraid I couldn’t see anyone or anything but a grassy plain. Was I in the wrong place or a different dimension I didn’t know and worse I couldn’t find Emerald.

There was no path to follow not a sign of anything, I was rather anxious to find Emerald. There was a piece of parchment on the ground a little ways away and I was confused on what it was or what it meant. I went over to the parchment coiled with a ribbon of a burgundy shade.

I unraveled the ribbon from the paper and it was a note from Emerald.



Rose, I know you are looking for me for training. I need you to wait for Wilbur I am really sorry I am in quite a predicament with every other thing. Wilbur will be there soon, he will lead you to me or the area close to where we will meet. I wish you all the best, for now and the near future, I am also aware that your marriage is soon. See you anytime now. 

 

 
 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


A while passed and there was no sign of Wilbur, I began to worry if anything was coming my way, the Ravine Rag still hadn’t showed and it had already been a few hours since I had left.

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

                                      WILBUR

I was really hungry and the night was coming fast. I searched everywhere I could for food and nothing was there I help me. There was still no sign of Wilbur or the Ravine Rag and the sun was just now going down. Then a lamb came from a far side and spoke as softly if he were a little girl.

“Are you Wilbur?”

“Yes, you would never think that a lamb could be a boy and could speak very softly, some days I wish I was a girl then the others wouldn’t laugh.”

“I am Rose you should be taking me to Emerald. I have been waiting for you the whole time, do you have anything to eat I am starving?

“I am so sorry for your wait and I only have this bit of food.”

He pulled out a peach, an apple, a tangerine, some nuts, and a handful of wild berries out of a sack sent from Emerald.
           “This is plenty, thank you.”

“Please, I don’t mind sharing after all that was sent from Emerald, and there’s a long way to Emerald. How bout we start now so we get there by morning.”

“Ok I will have this much, onward.”

Going forward for hours we went without stopping, wondering where we were really going until I saw a castle and we went towards it but Emerald was still farther away we were able to go in the castle and from there a platform to go on the carriage. We went on the platform and we were then transported to the nearest building by a horse carriage. From there was Emerald’s lake, there he was on an algae covered rock near the shore.

“Hello Emerald I am looking forward to training today.”

“You can not train today, you must get rest and then you train. You have come a long ways, to continue without rest could kill you.”

“Well, then do you have any places to stay?”

“Well you can stay in the woods, in one of the cabins or cottages, if Ronda Faye let’s you. I am pretty sure that she will let you stay.”

“Well where is it Emerald?”

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN DEJA

 “In the woods just over there I hope you can find your way, see you tomorrow.”

I walked to the woods behind the castle and there was Ronda or as I thought, it was in fact, Deja a little girl that looked like she fidgeted only all the time. She wore a dress with two blue pigtails that matched her blue eyes, and her hair was dirty blond. She stood four three and with a quick smile she ran, and I was quick to follow her every move.

She ran to the end of the wood, and then at that moment I realized in was actually a mountain plateau, with one more step she was done for only me responsible for saving her. She leaped as I did to grabbing her delicate, trivial sized hand. With some time I was able to pull her above the end and lay her back down.

She was to in shock and she dosed within seconds after her rescue and did not wake up until she heard the crackle of the cabin fire, the morning after the rescue.

“I see you finally came to, you’ve been asleep for almost twelve hours. Do you have anywhere to stay or anywhere you have to be?”

“Well I was supposed to be at my uncle’s, at the bottom of the mountain, but you grabbed my hand and I couldn’t get there. What happened to my basket? Did I drop it?”

“You must’ve because I never saw a basket only you jumping to your death!”

“Well if it’s ok can I leave to my uncle?”

“Of course go right ahead.”

“Your help wasn’t needed”

“You are welcome though. That is no way to speak to a Princess. Good bye.”

“Wait you’re a princess?”

“Yes, and I am almost a queen.”

“Good bye Princess sorry for my inconsideration, after all you did help me.”

Today I was to train and I was every bit confused about rather to go to Emerald or stay here and wait for him to come to me. I decided to stay but I was rather hungry so I went scavenging for food and firewood.

I had much luck with firewood, but not so much with finding something to eat. Berries and nuts were my only option. So I wasn’t persnickety so I ate what I had for now. Then I found Emerald.

“Where have you been?”

“I was finding some food. Where have you been?”

“I was in the forest for a while and then I was at your cabin looking for you.”

“I am ready for training.”

“You better be.”

“When shall I start?”

“Soon.”

 “I have to start training this evening, so I trust you have everything prepared. I will need to a cover defense, survival, weaponry, and of course jousting.”

“It is all going to be covered trust me I will have you a fighter in no time at all, it is not me that is teaching you, it is you yourself, you must learn I can not teach you. Be ready in an hour, I will have Ronda give you some clothes to wear, you will be on your own awhile.”

“Here you go darling. When you getting married my dear?”

Ronda said with a smile as she handed me some old attire.

“Thank you, I am getting married in about a week.”

I quickly got on the old garments and went to the nearest well to wash my hands and face. I then went over to Ronda once more and asked if I could have some food for training. She told me come back in a while and I will have it for you in a basket so you can take it along.

The clothing she gave me wasn’t a dress but it looked like it was a man’s garb. They were rather itchy and uncomfortable to me since I have worn dresses my whole life. The chemise was white and red and the bottoms were beige.

I soon returned and she handed the basket to me. After I thanked her I turned and looked into the basket and inside was a slice of peach cobbler, half a loaf of bread, a vine of grapes, some cheese, a jar of fresh water, an apple, some nuts, a corn cob, and a turkey leg wrapped in cloth.

I quickly turned to Ronda,

“Why so generous? I get this kind of food at the castle! This is too kind of you, I can’t accept.”

“I don’t like scraps this is part of supper, I don’t take back gifts please enjoy. Plus you are a Princess I am honored to serve you my dear.”

“Well thank you very much.”

“Don’t mention it, it’s a gift.”

  Emerald was waiting for me down the hillside and I was desperate to accompany him within the hour, I really needed to start training. I was there with my basket and traveling shoes, thinking about whether to talk to Emerald or not.

I went to his left side and saw a dour look staring at the below village. I would recall it was like the look the king from the enemy kingdom that kidnapped me. He must have not liked their ways or something like that.

“Emerald I am ready for training.”

“Well what do you think your next task will be?”

“Maybe to train myself?” I said questioning myself

“Well do you even know what you are supposed to do?”

“To tell you the truth Emerald, I have no clue what to do for my training.”

“Well you must begin with going to a desolate area and survive for four days. The rest of your training will last four days.”

“Emerald I only have a week of training. I can not stay for two weeks.”

“Yes Rose, I understand. Three days here is one day there.”

“Are we in another dimension?”

“Yes we are in the second dimension.”

            “Could you take me to the area so I can begin my training?”

            “I will after I test you for a while because the sun is still up then you will have to rest for the night. It is now too late to train at this point. Another day wasted, you can stay at either Ronda’s cabin or anywhere else you please.”

            “Thank you Emerald. If it helps you I might stay at Ronda’s.”

            “Alright but still meet me here. I don’t want to be tracking you down tomorrow.”

            “Alright then see you tomorrow Emerald.”

            So I left to Ronda’s house before the weather grew weary.

            “Hello Ronda, are you there it’s Rose.”

            “Why aren’t you training dear?”

            “I was late meeting up with Emerald.”

            “Come inside you’ll catch a cold and won’t be able to fight.”

            “Thank you Ronda.”

            So I stayed there for the night and I woke up to the smell of potatoes, sausage, and eggs. The aroma of the room was fantastic, so I stood up and properly thanked Ronda for the meal, although I wasn’t really hungry quite yet.

            “Good morning dear, breakfast?”

            “Oh thanks. Have you seen Emerald?”

            “No, I haven’t but I’m pretty sure you have to meet him within the hour.”

            “Yeah I am sorry to still be bothering you. Could you possibly provide me with more clothes?”

            “No problem all of my kids are gone now so I still have all of their clothes.”

            “I will most likely send my messenger to send some things for my gratitude.”

            “No need princess.”

            I thought to myself I will definitely anyway. I got ready to go training and when I looked in the woven basket that seemed bigger than before, was a blanket, a jar water, a slice of peach cobbler, half a loaf of bread, a vine of grapes, some cheese, some berries, an apple, some nuts, a corn cob, a turkey leg wrapped in cloth, and an extra outfit folded neatly.

            “Ronda, why are you so giving?”

            “I am not really sure. Emerald told me how many days you are training, and I didn’t want to disappoint a princess.”

            “Well Ronda you have given me more than I have asked for and therefore you are the most worthy, giving, humble person in my kingdom, and if you would like you can always move into the castle and take your grown up children with you.”

             “Thank you for your offer. I might take it, but than again I can’t really leave the area. We are in different dimensions.”

            “You can come, when I go back soon.”

            “Well I might but you better go to training, you will be late again, Emerald would be mad at me.”

            “I guess I will see you soon then.”

            “Good luck with your wedding.”

            “Oh, thank you Ronda. You’ll receive an invitation to go after all you saved me.”

            I ran with the basket shuffling in my hands, I could now see Emerald. I had finally reached him.

            “Hello Emerald.” I said while I inhaled deeply from the running to reach him.

            “Rose are you ready?”

            “I guess Emerald.”

            “Do you want to go now?”

            “Yes, let’s go.”

            So we went down to a well and I guess it was another portal cause I fell through it and then I ended up in a prairie.

            “Here you go Rose, now you have to train. You do know what you are training for right rose?”

            “Um, not exactly, don’t I have to train for survival?”

            “Yes and then once you have learned that, I will come pick you up by coming through the well, you on the other hand can not go back through the portal. You can drink the water from the well after I leave, but not now.”

            “Thank you Emerald. How many days will I be here for?”

            “Four days Rose, is there something wrong?”

            “Nothing Emerald, see you then.”

           He then vanished, and I had to set up my camp for the time being here. I began taking out logs from a small shed a little walk away, and aligning them for a fire. I decided to sleep in the shed.

            The shed was small, made of oak, with no windows and one opening hole for a door. The small room was only big enough for me to lie down and put my basket beside me. I thought it would be easy until I couldn’t light the fire. I was anxious to find something to light it when I saw it. It was a shiny doo-dad that was under a bush. It was a lantern and it was partly lit. With that little bit of candlelight I was able to put a stick in the lantern and get a decent flame making it easy to start my fire. I brought the lantern and put it in the shed.

            Out of my basket I took out the turkey leg, the corn cob and the berries. I heated up the corn cob and the turkey leg and I ate only a bit of it thinking to myself I would have to save the rest for the other three days waiting. After I ate supper I put the remaining leftovers back in the basket and took out the blanket. I drank my water then I went to refill it in the well. 

© 2009 macy


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

293 Views
Added on December 23, 2009
Last Updated on December 23, 2009

Author

macy
macy

Stv, AZ



About
Realistic relatable Poetry writer more..

Writing