Chapter (9) A CYNICAL REFLECTION ON ROBERT BURN'S FAMOUS POEM.

Chapter (9) A CYNICAL REFLECTION ON ROBERT BURN'S FAMOUS POEM.

A Chapter by MAD ENGLISHMAN
"

JUST FOR A BIT OF FUN.

"



A CYNICAL REFLECTION ON ROBERT BURNS FAMOUS POEM.

 

 

O my Luve's like a red, red rose,........ (Too many hours under the sun lamp.)

That's newly sprung in June: ............ (It was April actually.)

O my Luve's like the melodie, ........... (She was more like the Rocky Horror show.)

That's sweetly play'd in tune...............( The only tune I ever got to play was the last post.)

 

As fair art thou, my bonie lass, ........... ( Fair? Are you kidding me.)

So deep in luve am I; ........................... ( Look I was drunk. Okay?)

And I will luve thee still, my dear,....... ( The light of day soon changed that.)

Till a' the seas gang dry. ......................( Not enough water on the planet my friend.)

 

Till a' the seas gang dry , my dear,. .....(I've said it before and I stick by it.)

And the rocks melt wi' the sun; ..........( She could melt rocks with a stare.)

And I will luve thee still, my dear, ......( Don't even think it.)

While the sands o' life shall run. ........( The only thing running was me.)

 

And fare-thee-weel, my only Luve ! ....( I just screamed BYE.)

And fare-thee-weel, a while! ...............( Take some time to reflect.)

And I will come again, my Luve, .........( Yeah when hairs grow on a Ping Pong ball.)

Tho' 'twere ten thousand mile!............( Double that and I'd still want more.)



© 2017 MAD ENGLISHMAN


Author's Note

MAD ENGLISHMAN
THIS WAS JUST A BIT OF FUN.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Hahahaha. Simply loved it. I was feeling low and this poem really made me laugh, I thank you so much for that 😀

Posted 6 Years Ago


MAD ENGLISHMAN

6 Years Ago

Thank you for reading, Najam. Glad you enjoyed it.
Najam Us Saher

6 Years Ago

It was my pleasure reading this.
That really made me laugh. Thank you!

Posted 7 Years Ago


MAD ENGLISHMAN

7 Years Ago

Thanks you for the comment. So pleased you enjoyed it. It was written as an antidote to all the mush.. read more
Haaa, I love the "other side" of romance. I have been criticized in the past for having healthy cynicism about that subject. I smile through everything I've read of you. Thank you, sir!

Posted 9 Years Ago


MAD ENGLISHMAN

9 Years Ago

Glad you liked it my friend. Been there and done that.
It was kind of fun. Robert Burns might have written his famous poem when he'd had a wee bit more of the brew thanusual...

Posted 9 Years Ago


MAD ENGLISHMAN

9 Years Ago

I think that is probably true. i know he had a favourite pub he liked to drink in.
OMG that was so funny . it did make me laugh. well done :D

Posted 9 Years Ago


MAD ENGLISHMAN

9 Years Ago

I wrote it for all those blokes like me, burned more than once by a woman. Mind if I find a lady I m.. read more
What a pessimistic turn on that poem! LOL You should post this in the Black Valentine challenge in the Poetry Challenge Group.

Posted 9 Years Ago


MAD ENGLISHMAN

9 Years Ago

Glad you like it. I might do that.
MomzillaNC

9 Years Ago

:) :)
You are competing with another famous humorist on this site. Anexcellent talent you both have...:)...

Posted 9 Years Ago


This is just what I needed after a stressful day...I love your sense of humor. This is hysterical!
Thank you for the smiles this evening.

:) Julie

Posted 9 Years Ago


MAD ENGLISHMAN

9 Years Ago

You're so very welcome. I've not had much time lately to write but I'm trying to get back into the s.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

345 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on February 5, 2015
Last Updated on November 3, 2017


Author

MAD ENGLISHMAN
MAD ENGLISHMAN

Great Ponton, Lincolnshire, United Kingdom



About
Heading for my 72nd birthday in April. I've enjoyed an eventful life. With the help of 2 wives I've managed to raise 3 children. Proud of my kids. I embrace all cultures but ultimately I'm proud to be.. more..

Writing