TYRONE THE TURTLE LOSES HIS WAY Chapter (4).

TYRONE THE TURTLE LOSES HIS WAY Chapter (4).

A Chapter by MAD ENGLISHMAN

CHAPTER (4)

 


Tyrone the little turtle had fallen down a hole but he had been rescued and now he was happy to be back on the green grass under the tall plant. Ellyphina lifted him up gently with the end of her trunk.

Clyde put his head down close to the little turtle so that he could get a good look. He’d never seen one up close before. But then Clyde forgot about his tongue and he opened his mouth to say something, and yes you guessed it, Clydes tongue escaped from his mouth again.

“Funny thort of a thing.” He said. “Heeth thort of greenith with little eyth.”

“And he’s got lovely red flippers .” Said Toucan.

“Green, he has green flip....oh I give up.” Said Sid.

“Toucan please open your beak.” Said Ellyphina. “I want you to fly Tyrone home to his mummy in the Crystal pool as quickly as you can. Do you think you can do that?”

“ahhhhhhh aha  ahahahaha.” Said Toucan who tried to speak with his mouth wide open. Ellyphine placed Tyrone inside Toucans colourful beak.

“Please be careful with Tyrone, remember he is small and DO NOT SWALLOW HIM.” She said in loud forceful voice. Toucan was just about to nod his head to say yes when Ellyphina grabbed it to stop him. “TYRONE?????.” She said.

“Wes, I wot it.” Toucan was trying to speak and trying not to swallow Tyrone at the same time. He’d never eaten a turtle and he didn’t think Tina would be happy if he ate Tyrone.

“Okay...” said Ellyphina. “...off you go.” And with that Toucan spread his big black wings and flapped once. He soared into the air with ease and set off in the direction of the Crystal pool.

“Ssshall we go too.” Hissed Sid.

“Yeth letth all go and theee if Toucan getth there thafely.” Clyde had lost control of his tongue again. Ellyphina then said.

“Come on you two lets go and see if Toucan remembered where he was supposed to go.” The three friends started back towards the Crystal pool.

From high above the tree tops Toucan had spotted the Crystal pool and held his wings stiff in the breeze as he glided gently down to land close to the waters edge. Tina turtle was surprised to see him.

“Do you know where my little boy is?” She asked him. Toucan came closer and tipped his head on one side. Then he opened his beak and let the little turtle slide out onto the bank.

“Oooooooooo.” Shouted Tina, “You found him, thank you so much.” She was so exited she rolled onto her back and flapped her flippers so hard she swam three times around the pool like a speed boat. Then she swam all the way to the bottom, turned back up and raced for the surface, she whooshed out of the water so fast she was almost flying, then she did a double somersault and landed back in the pool with hardly a splash just like a diving champion. Several Tilapia had seen the commotion and had made their way to the surface, the first one to pop his head out of the water was Terry. Tyrone slid into the water and straight into his mummy’s flippers. “You’re a naughty boy Tyrone, going off like that without telling me. Do you know how worried we have all been?” Tyrone started to cry. He was upset because his mummy had shouted at him but he was happy to be back home again. Toucan sat down and told Tina all about the adventure. When he had just finished his story Ellyphina, Clyde and Sid arrived at the Crystal pool.

“Thank you all so much for finding my little boy.” Said Tina. The pals all smiled. Well Toucan tried to smile but it is hard when you have a huge beak stuck on the front of your face.

“Oh dear me just look at your lovely ribbon.” Said Tina. “It’s covered in bits of twig and soil. If you give it to me I’ll wash it for you in the pool.” Ellyphina passed her ribbon to Tina. “Do you think you can get it clean? I really do like my lovely ribbon.” Terry the Tilapia held one end of the ribbon and Tina held the other. Together they swam way down to the bottom of the pool. While Tina held the ribbon against a large stone Terry swam quickly away to find some fishy friend to help them. In just a short while Terry returned with half a dozen of his friends. The fishes  swam back and forth along the length of the ribbon beating it clean with their tails. It didn’t take long and the ribbon was looking like new. When Tina returned it to Ellyphina she said.

“I think it will dry if you hold it up into the breeze as you walk home and then your mummy can tie a lovely bow in your hair again.” Ellyphina was so happy she gave a little trumpet with her trunk.

“Thank you so much.” She said. “I’m going straight home, but I’ll be here again tomorrow.” Then Ellyphina turned around and walked slowly away down the jungle track.

“Yeth. Itth time I wath going home too.” Said Clyde. Then he too started off down the track. With his long legs bending in all directions Clyde was a comical sight to see as he disappeared into the trees.

“Well...” said Sid. “Jussst you and me now Toucan.” But Toucan wasn’t listening again. Pak, pak went his colourful beak.

“Ooooo look at that big red tree with all those bright green fruits. Yummmy party time I think.” Sid looked at him and then at the big tree.

“It’ssssss a GREEN tree with RED fruitssssss. I keep telling you...” But Toucan was already soaring up into the sky, his beak pak pak paking all the way.

Sid fell flat on the floor, rolled onto his back and stared at the sky.

“I don’t know why I bother, I really don’t know.” He said.

Tina, Tyrone and Terry all laughed.

 

I hope you enjoyed this story.

I thought you might be interested to know what happened to all the Jungle Pals afterwards. Well, Ellyphina grew up into a beautiful young lady elephant. She still likes to wear her pink hair ribbon and visits the Crystal pool whenever she is near.

Clyde is now a tall teenager and he has finally mastered the art of keeping his tongue under control. He no longer speaks in a funny way.

Tyrone is still living in the Crystal pool and he has a new baby brother and sister to play with. He often takes them out of the pool for a walk to look for worms and beetles amongst the leaves on the jungle floor. He always tells his mother where he is going first.

Terry the Tilapia is married and has fifty children. They all live at the bottom of the Crystal pool. You will be happy to hear that Terry and his friends are no longer bothered by the Maribou Storks. One day a huge lion came to the Crystal pool and chased them away. They haven’t been back since then.

And then there is Toucan. Well Toucan has grown a little but he still thinks everyday should be a party day. He still loves to eat as much fruit as he can find and he still annoys his best friend Sid, especially when he mixes up his colours.

Then there is Sidney Greentree. Sid is a little longer and quite a bit fatter than he was. He still enjoys lying on a branch and sleeping, though he often falls off and hangs upside down by his tail.

If you are ever in the jungle and find a Crystal pool with a large baobab tree nearby be sure to look up into the treetops. You might just see Sid and Toucan sitting on a branch watching the sun set across the jungle.

And remember: Never go away from home without telling a grown up first.

Oh did I mention that the Jungle pals had another adventure where they helped Santa Clause find one of his lost baby reindeers.

But that is another story, for another day.



© 2023 MAD ENGLISHMAN


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Awww, what a cute little story. Thanks for sharing it with us. The jungle animals were very amusing and sweet and all's well that ends well. :)

Posted 7 Years Ago


MAD ENGLISHMAN

7 Years Ago

Thank you for reading.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

168 Views
1 Review
Added on February 8, 2016
Last Updated on May 30, 2023


Author

MAD ENGLISHMAN
MAD ENGLISHMAN

Great Ponton, Lincolnshire, United Kingdom



About
Heading for my 72nd birthday in April. I've enjoyed an eventful life. With the help of 2 wives I've managed to raise 3 children. Proud of my kids. I embrace all cultures but ultimately I'm proud to be.. more..

Writing