FINN AT THE BEACH

FINN AT THE BEACH

A Chapter by MAD ENGLISHMAN


 

FINN AT THE BEACH

 

Baby Finn was on holiday at the seaside with his Mummy and Daddy and his Granddad.

They were all staying in a nice caravan near the sea in place called Devon.

One morning, after breakfast, Finns’ Mummy said. “Let’s all go to the beach today.”

It was a lovely morning and so everyone agreed this was a good idea. The beach was very nice with lots of soft clean sand to play in and at the end of the beach there were some rocks. In the rocks were little pools of seawater full of interesting things.

Finn liked the sand. Finns’ Daddy liked the rock pools. Finns’ Granddad liked to play on the sand too and he was soon busy building sand castles. Finn liked the sand castles and liked to knock them down with his little red spade. Finn and his Granddad laughed.

Finns Mummy took off her shoes and socks and walked to the edge of the sea. The waves rolled gentle on the sand and  Finns’ Mummy let the cold water run over her bare feet. “Brrrrrrr” she shivered. “This water is quite cold.”

Just then Finns’ Daddy shouted. “Come and look what I’ve found.”

Finns’ Granddad got up off the sand and lifted Finn up too. Everyone walked towards Finns’ Daddy.

“Look what I’ve found.” Said Finns’ Daddy. “It’s a little fish.” Finns’ Daddy held out a small plastic bucket and everyone looked inside. A tiny fish was swimming around in the bottom. “There are lots of interesting things in these rock pools.” Said Finns’ Daddy.

“I’ve found some red Sea anenomes and some green Sea Anenomes, there are some shrimps and lots of kinds of seaweeds too.” Everyone looked into the pool of water. Finn wanted to get in the pool but his Daddy said “No. It might hurt all the little creatures living there.” Finn wandered off to play on the sand again.

For the rest of the morning Finn and his Mummy and Granddad played in the sand. Finns’ Daddy was busy climbing over rocks and searching in rock pools.

Soon it was time to go home to the caravan for lunch.

Finn was very tired when they all returned home and after lunch Finn went to bed to have a sleep.

Until the next adventure. Sleep tight little Finn.




© 2018 MAD ENGLISHMAN


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Thank you my friend for sharing the story of you and your grandson. In the warm days of Summer. We loved the beach days, my grandchildren. I have the Michigan great lakes near. I hope you are doing well and stay safe.
Coyote

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Thank you my friend for sharing the story of you and your grandson. In the warm days of Summer. We loved the beach days, my grandchildren. I have the Michigan great lakes near. I hope you are doing well and stay safe.
Coyote

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

422 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on September 25, 2018
Last Updated on October 7, 2018
Tags: KIDS, CHILDREN, BABY, HOLIDAY, BEACH, FISH, SAND, SEASIDE, DEVON, SAND CASTLE, WAVES, ROCK POOLS


Author

MAD ENGLISHMAN
MAD ENGLISHMAN

Great Ponton, Lincolnshire, United Kingdom



About
Heading for my 72nd birthday in April. I've enjoyed an eventful life. With the help of 2 wives I've managed to raise 3 children. Proud of my kids. I embrace all cultures but ultimately I'm proud to be.. more..

Writing