Lightning People: Doyle

Lightning People: Doyle

A Story by MGKnox
"

A description of one of my two dear friends, and a rant in my Journal!!

"
Magic is real.

It happens at night, in close-knit music circles. If only music could be heard through writing, I would show you. "Music" can be written and audiated, but magic is more comprehensible, expressive, & natural, neurally. It takes a scene and travels through three or four dimensions, making the scene into an experience, then a memory, then, an inspiration, and sometimes it can go even further and become a change of heart.

Yes, this magic makes the rose bud, right from a rainy night into dewey morning. You see it now!

Doyle is one of the lighning people I know.

He is my favorite person. What on Earth can I say about Doyle? His eyes tell the tale: to anybody and everybody, he's a goofball, sliding in and out of the radar of reality, of success. I see him in a multi-faceted way though - although this is damned true, there's more. He's the physical embodiment of art, and I'm unsure one can see what I mean.

He takes books, paintings, life, videogames, and boogers, and realizes that not only does it all connect, but it creates, it destroys, it listens and speaks, and it grows as do his eyes when he communicates. He fades from reality, but I see what he sees - reality is destined to fade before he fades from it - and he is REACHING out desperately to understand. His breath is everlasting, but what does it mean? Why does it persist, and who does it persuade?

These questions permeate the goofball's mind, which is itself named Doyle. This harsh, sad, complex, metaphysical mindset is human, and beautiful.

There is beauty in light and in darkness, and it is interchangeable to Doyle.

I am yet concerned that he is my favorite person.

In reality, Doyle breaks barriers and mends them with his lifted eyebrows, but in the world that pays bills, and burns cash, and sucks oxygen with replacement of carbon dioxide, Doyle is failing. He can see the world, but he's not willing to stoop down toward appropriate, livable and financially stable perception.

The only thing Doyle is doing wrong is that he doesn't expect existence of wrong, and will not observe it when it appears.

© 2016 MGKnox


Author's Note

MGKnox
They are beautiful, really. :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

157 Views
Added on August 3, 2016
Last Updated on August 4, 2016
Tags: Human, God, Magic, philosophy, wonder, light, sadness, life, identity

Author

MGKnox
MGKnox

Indianapolis, IN



About
Hiya! I'm a Catholic college student focusing on Music Education! :) I have a passion for sharing the story - any story, about life, love, and wowie, all else - and this is why I am here today, and it.. more..

Writing
Observation Observation

A Story by MGKnox


Dawn Dawn

A Poem by MGKnox


This Nightmare This Nightmare

A Story by MGKnox