What Pill?

What Pill?

A Story by MGKnox
"

This secret pill that Life offers to the happy - what and why?

"
When I see, there is a blank stare. An eternal struggle with God and self is revealed.

I look for inspiration and see so much, but I end up following mentally the path of my phenotype: linear blindness.

I prayed long and truthfully for the first time in ages last night, and it was comforting. He is here even now, and His comfort is like the prescription pill of life, delivering happiness whenever taken.

There's one drawback. Withdrawal is not a longing for the substance, like traditional drug use suggests. Withdrawal from God, prayer, & faith practice is something making us susceptible to other ideas.

There is love and kindness outside of Christ - but, in the form of rules, of regulations, of false pretense and a fake happiness that results in hidden despair. We seek answers and purpose, and without this ancient pill my answers go south.

South is not bad. It's just not North, East or West. North shuns me not, East smiles at me and looks upon me with love no matter the circumstance, and West will always be there, always driving me on. The three face south together, and do shout, cry out, declare, and fight for me to see.

But if I stop taking the pill awhile, his love escapes my perception.

Thought, friendship, laughter, God, love, people, sex, music, joy.

All of these can be whole, and satisfying, and all of which can also be bought with bitcoin - worse, pennies. Cheap laughs, sex, and relationships run rampant in this Americanized place, and the gifts we have been given to celebrate wholly are manipulated, regulated to vines, porn, jokes, television and alcohol. This happens without the pill.

Off the pill we're never satisfied, but the pill makes us whole.

There's gotta be clarification of this pill business. I'm using terminology of the real - what we can adapt to and understand, and if I were to write straight from the heart and mind, most people just couldn't read and understand.

We need God. We are a bitcoin generation, in need of his comfort!

© 2016 MGKnox


Author's Note

MGKnox
Yum, religious rant and philosophy!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

143 Views
Added on August 3, 2016
Last Updated on August 4, 2016
Tags: Drug, happiness, life, philosophy, God, Christ, emptiness, fullness, spirituality, withdrawal, comfort

Author

MGKnox
MGKnox

Indianapolis, IN



About
Hiya! I'm a Catholic college student focusing on Music Education! :) I have a passion for sharing the story - any story, about life, love, and wowie, all else - and this is why I am here today, and it.. more..

Writing
Observation Observation

A Story by MGKnox


Dawn Dawn

A Poem by MGKnox


This Nightmare This Nightmare

A Story by MGKnox