This Nightmare

This Nightmare

A Story by MGKnox
"

An introduction into my psyche!!

"
I went to this big event, and I remember I felt suspicious, because something didn't feel right.

The building had a "ghetto concrete under construction" feel to it, and it had thin concrete stairways, cold ladders, & small holes to enter the top floor room. It was an anxious combination of great and friendly people, with this broken down, dark atmosphere.

I din't think I knew any of them. But, it was like a trust & faith growth session with these young college dudes, and with a female leader, & my initial anxiety was released. We had a good time laughing, loving, clapping & telling stories.

It was a wholesome kind of love - kind of like, just-met-these-people-but-they-are-best-friends deepness & level, like the senior faith retreat. In my dream we found true joy through the companionship.

But then things got dark, really fast.

What I remember is that there was some sort of infiltrator with a pistol of sorts (maybe a group of people) and they marched in yelling and shooting. There were other small groups and supervisors in the building, & there was a great deal of violence.

The next part happened very fast - I died.

I was shot somehow, maybe from behind, don't recall how - but I was on my side on the cold floor. The shot was through the heart, I felt no blood, and I died quickly - my chest around my heart went numb (after I sat up), and it was a kind of dull pain shooting through all of my nerves.

I just kind of faded away, then woke up.

Dying wasn't sad, it happened too fast. It was shocking, & was quite dark, but I just slowly died. A part of me saw the worry they (my friends) would feel for me, and if I recall I was told by the supervisor that it was going to be okay. I was just like, "Well, this is it. Try to get comfortable."

I had dying words, but the most ironic thing is that I don't remember them. I might have apologized, talked about the friends I made, and at the very end of the darkness I thought to say "God".

It was all whispered. Not sure anything I said was heard.

© 2016 MGKnox


Author's Note

MGKnox
"Oh, I'm dying. I should probably think about God! Almost forgot!"

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

99 Views
Added on August 4, 2016
Last Updated on August 4, 2016
Tags: help, God, Dream, paranoid, nightmare, joy, horror, sadness, discomfort, life, wonder, trust, gun, death

Author

MGKnox
MGKnox

Indianapolis, IN



About
Hiya! I'm a Catholic college student focusing on Music Education! :) I have a passion for sharing the story - any story, about life, love, and wowie, all else - and this is why I am here today, and it.. more..

Writing
Observation Observation

A Story by MGKnox


Dawn Dawn

A Poem by MGKnox


What Pill? What Pill?

A Story by MGKnox