Tommy's Grandmother

Tommy's Grandmother

A Story by Maddi
"

In the spirit of Halloween I wrote this short story.

"

Wind whispered and a small sliver of moon hid behind the clouds. Tommy felt a presence behind him so he turned. There was nobody there. He walked up to a puddle on the road and bent down. Tommy lifted the woven bookmark out of the puddle. It was the one his grandmother had given him for his birthday, the one he’d thrown out of the window for spite and malice. Tommy felt so confused. Then, he felt a small clawed hand pat his shoulder, he saw the blue nail polish. The same shade his dead grandmother used to wear.

© 2016 Maddi


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

A good story but it was not two sentences

Posted 6 Years Ago


Maddi

6 Years Ago

yup i know. I realised just after I entered it but thought there was no harm in leaving it.
Good spooky short story. Would send shivers down anybodys spine if it we're to actually happen.

Good quick read.

Mark.

Posted 7 Years Ago


What a nice spooky tale for the holidays. Never throw away anything with spite or malice in your heart; because you almost always will regret it later on.

Posted 7 Years Ago


I guess he knows now that disrespecting one's grandmother can really make her angry, especially when she's dead. This is a well written and effective little peace. I smiled at the end.

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

366 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 2, 2016
Last Updated on October 2, 2016

Author

Maddi
Maddi

The oak tree by the pond with the coy fish, Norfolk, United Kingdom



About
I LOVE writing and reading poems, reading books and some fanfiction too! All literature is accepted by me! I'm also a cynical, sarcastic and rude person, but those who get to know me, love me for it. .. more..

Writing
Words Words

A Poem by Maddi


Our Honey Our Honey

A Poem by Maddi



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Mom life Mom life

A Poem by Tabby Mac