Father Is Moving On

Father Is Moving On

A Chapter by Outsider

Dear You,

Am I even really here?

Why do I have such highs and lows? It doesn’t stay the same very long. Some people have highs that last a month, some a week, some a day. I have a high that lasts maybe an hour before I crash down. I crash down into a deep dark place. A part of me wants to try to claw my way out. Want to break free from this but… Another part of me is fine with being here; fine with drowning.


I know "life gets better" but until then I don’t know what to do. Happiness is an inside job and only I can make myself happy. However, do I deserve to be happy? Everyone tells you "every life matters" but we kill murders, "you are important" but you don’t notice as I walk by. 


I try not letting the opinions of others get to me, after all, I don't have many friends. I’m used to being alone and I don’t stay with a group of people long enough to even bring my presents to attention. I have always been like this due to some of the events in my life. I gave up on people and gave up on ever being a part of them.


With knowing this I will now tell you the one exception. My father, a rough man that used to know no emotion. He has been my best friend ever since I entered into his life. I tell him everything and we have no secrets, or at least that's how we were. Now its as if we are strangers walking past each other in a crowded street; not even knowing the other exists. This man has brought most of the joy that has ever been in my life and without him its like I cannot hold any joy at all.


He is very much alive and is moving on with his life. Sadly I regret to inform you and myself he is moving on without me. He has a woman now and they are very happy together. Without me "they lived happily ever after", or so it feels like. I try to not get upset, this is his first relationship since my birth. So I understand and know he isn’t doing it on purpose. However, this doesn’t stop the lonely pain that is engulfing me. I come home late hoping he will notice, hoping he will ask where I was. He never does. I don’t follow certain rules hoping he’ll come looking. He doesn’t. 


Now I’m just as invisible at home as I am at school. Sometimes I feel like I could hang myself and no-one would notice until the smell got bad enough. I wish I could, I really do, but I promised to never try again. I might not be much but I’m honest and keep my word. So now I’m damned to this hell until I have the chance to leave.


So until then, I’ll be writing to "You", "God", "Who Ever", or "Anyone" that will read.



© 2017 Outsider


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

65 Views
Added on November 17, 2017
Last Updated on November 17, 2017


Author

Outsider
Outsider

OK



About
With a rough background chocked up full of traumatic events I use writing as my escape. I let my emotions flow through my words to create something more than just a piece of writing. Something more th.. more..

Writing
To The World, To The World,

A Story by Outsider


Over The Edge Over The Edge

A Story by Outsider


Introduction Introduction

A Chapter by Outsider