Meeting Erin

Meeting Erin

A Chapter by Madison-Paige

"Alright I suppose you are all wondering why I gathered you here in the conference room." Captain Reaves says eyeing his agents sitting in front of him. "As you know the Russian terrorist group known as Code Black have issued a threat upon the United States of America, we fear they will attempt to finish the job they began two years ago. Who can tell me what that is?"
Special Agent Hannah Karofsky sits eagerly in the front row of the conference room. She raises her hand, "They planted bombs on innocent people and detonated them from afar." Her British accent coming out loud and clear in the large room.
"Correct, very good Hannah" Captain Reaves deep voice bellowed out at his agents. "I will be assembling a team of some of my best agents to find Code Black's hide out and take them out, if you are not chosen do not be offended. You are dismissed." Agents begin to file out of the room, Hannah stands to leave. "Hannah?' says Captain Reaves. Hannah stops to look at the Captain and waits expectantly. "You're on the case."
"Really!" Exclaims Hannah excitedly she'd been with The Agency for a while now but still every new job excited the young 22 year old.
"Yes, but only because I need you to watch someone for me." Captain Reaves pauses contemplating his next words. "You're being paired up-"
"Babysitting duty?" Hannah cries, her voice tinged with a disappointment.
"I wasn't finished."
"Sorry."
"You're being paired up with Special Agent Erin Smith, code name-"
"Oddball, I've heard of her, she's brilliant. Shes only 18." Hannah gushes.
"Yes, she is. You interrupted me again." 
"Sorry Sir."
"She should be here in about-" Captain Reaves checks his watch. "Now."
A young agent name Alistair rushes up to the Captain. "Agent Smith is here Sir."
"Right, you wait here Hannah." the Captain walks toward the elevator that stands as the entrance to their underground headquarters. "Erin lovely to see you again."
"Maxwell always a pleasure." Erin beams up at her former mentor.
"Come, there is someone I'd like you to meet." Captain Reaves leads Erin to where Hannah stands. "Erin this is Special Agent Hannah Karofsky she will be assisting you with anything you need for the case. Or otherwise." He says his voice dropping on the last two words.
Hannah extends her hand out to Erin who stares at it blankly. "A pleasure to meet you, I've heard great things. It is a real honor to be working with you."
"Yeah, yeah." says Erin who moves around Hannah, Captain Reaves following closely behind.
"Well?"
"She's perky." Erin says flatly.
"Yes?" Captain Reaves replies urging for more.
"And British." Erin says in the same tone.
"What is it with you and British people?" the Captain asks genuinely interested.
"My Dad's British." 
"So?" Erin stops walking and looks up at the Captain who also stops.
"My Dad's an a*s." The share a smile.


© 2014 Madison-Paige


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Great chapter! Hope there's another one soon!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Madison-Paige

9 Years Ago

Next Chapter is up

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

179 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 17, 2013
Last Updated on July 31, 2014


Author

Madison-Paige
Madison-Paige

New Zealand



About
Hey I'm Madison-Paige I have a huge imagination thought I'd let it loose. more..

Writing
Run Away Run Away

A Chapter by Madison-Paige