He said 'I love you'

He said 'I love you'

A Poem by Magdelena
"

It is what it is...

"
He said 'I love you'
Sweet tender words
For me alone
They floated on by
My quickened heart
With wings they then
Did finally soar
I basked in its glory
Cried for such love
That I alone held
In the palm of my hand
Heart, deep inside
It resided to forever
stay, ahh sweet joy
I held, for no other..
 
Yet mere words it seems
To fly upon the sky
Into the darkened night
With no cares on the pain
Your words did carry
Stain for forever to lay
Upon my heart now broken
Never to have faith again
Trust now taken, forsaken
And I die...
Each moment, day, I waste
Away slowly.. And I die..

~~~~~

He said 'I love you'...

One time.. Long ago...

 

© 2014 Magdelena


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is a very poignant and heartbreaking piece. The contrast between the initial joy and the eventual despair is very effective at conveying the emotional rollercoaster that the speaker experiences. The line "Yet mere words it seems" is particularly striking, as it highlights the fragility of language and how words can carry so much weight and yet be so easily discarded. The final lines, "Each moment, day, I waste away slowly... And I die.. One time.. Long ago..." are especially haunting, as they suggest that the speaker has been unable to move on from this painful experience. Overall, this is a very moving and powerful piece that captures the pain of lost love and shattered trust.

Posted 9 Months Ago


It has been forever since I last stopped by to read something that you have posted and to think it is something so amazing. It always makes me wonder why so many place so much value on those simple words even though they can be as hollow as everything else. You have such a great understanding in your work and I will catch up on as much as I can. Once again, amazing piece.

Posted 9 Years Ago


just isn't fair....the price of love...nothing good lasts...and you know it... yet...
dammm ... smile and a few tears 100/100



Rossen

Posted 9 Years Ago


when the words are hollow, I wish they couldn't be felt... the words you have penned above are anything but hollow...

Posted 9 Years Ago


Oh wow, such a romantic begin then I was shot through the heart by your painful words. When we are betrayed by the one we love it is hard to trust another person again. As they say "once bitten, twice shy"

Posted 10 Years Ago


Magdelena

10 Years Ago

Thanks my sweets.... You know the saying.... Keep on truckin. :) Love ya to pieces and bits....
The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

10 Years Ago

Awe shucks love ya too hon. Glad to see you writing again.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

766 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 7, 2014
Last Updated on April 7, 2014
Tags: Love, heartbreak, loss

Author

Magdelena
Magdelena

Charlotte, NC



About
Hello to all; Been awhile since I been on. Most know me, some don't. Hopefully I can get to know the few that don't and catch up with all the other fine fellow poets/friends that have become so.. more..

Writing