Starry Night

Starry Night

A Story by Rose Tyler
"

I was listening to my iPod on shuffle and the songs "I Need You" by Tim McGraw followed by "Lost In This Moment" by Big and Rich came on. The only image that came to mind was your face...

"

We lay under the sky, the sun setting quietly in front of us. No rush, no need to hurry, no need to hasten the timeless schedule that's been set for longer than we've been alive, not needing to go faster. The pink horizon slowly changed colors, to red, darkening with each passing moment, until the sky is finally the darkest blue you've seen.

The sky is dotted with millions of little pinpoints of light, each one we see a remnant of a star's life from long ago. Time passes by us lke honey, slow and sweet. My only wish would be for this night to never end, to never let go of the only real thing in my life, laying beside me.

I stretch out my arm only slightly to curl my fingers around yours. I can feel your fingers repeat the motion, while a small grin stretches my cheeks. I know my expression is mirrored on your shaded face.

The world seems to have drifted away, civilization left behind. It's only us in this empty field, the stars, the grass, the moon and the clouds. The sky is always there when you need something to comfort you, to share your ideas with, but everything else is never a given.

The winds quiet down, slowing to a wistful breeze, sursurrant through our hair and the grass. Not a single other sound whispering in the night, no suggestions of anything other than peace, tranquility, happiness.

"I still love you. You're always going to be my best friend, no matter what happens between us," I murmured. I shifted slightly, turning my body so that I was facing you. I let my eyes travel over every hill and crevice in your face, taking in your eyes, your nose, your mouth, and that easy, quiet smile that only comes around once in a wonderful while.

My eyes continued down your body, taking in every last detail. Your tye-dye t-shirt was muted and dimmed under the starry sky, your chest rising and falling with each breath you took. My eyes flicked over our intertwined fingers - I'll always remember that one part of us, even if I forget your face.

Finally, my eyes rested on a spot just below your feet. I closed my eyes and sighed, hoping dearly that I'd rememder how you are now, at 17, your imperfections making you perfect. I could feel your thumb slowly stroking my palm, comforting me, but also caused my heart to skip a beat.
Maybe if I died right now, this is where I'd want to be. By my guardian angel's side..

The minutes and hours grew longer, the silence never ceasing to be comfortable and welcoming between us. At one point, that I cannot remember, I ended up curled in your arms, opening my eyes again. I could feel your breath gently ruffle the top of my hair.

The sun was beginning to rise, and you with it. I sat up. I knew, deep in my core, you needed to leave, but it was all too soon. I took one last, hard look at your body as you looked down at me with a mixture of hope, happiness, protectiveness, and... sadness. I reached up to you, and let my fingers slide down your arm before letting my hand drop again to my side.

You turned away from me, your shoulders tense, but relaxed. Your back was straight with dignity, but slumped with sorrow. Your hands rested in your pants pockets, and you held your head high. As you walked away, I could hear your final words carried on the wind, to only be heard by you and I.

I'll always be there for you. You only need to find me in your heart.

Then, you disappeared into the rising sun, your silhouette only a pinprick in the face of the sun. My own words were carried back to you, and I know you heard them.

Never forget me, and never forget I love you. Thank you.

© 2011 Rose Tyler


Author's Note

Rose Tyler
I finish this story with a mix of triumph, happiness, and sorrow. It is, most likely, the last of it's kind for me.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love you twin. I wish I could find love. But it is not my destiny. This story made me cry, hoping it was.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Wow...awesome love story!
Oh, and your wish has been granted, someone has read your story :3

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is beautiful Cheyenne.. it seems like you've finally made up your mind. I hope you stay that way

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

477 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 26, 2011
Last Updated on July 30, 2011

Author

Rose Tyler
Rose Tyler

Gallifrey



About
I write likeDavid Foster WallaceI Write Like by Mémoires, journal software. Analyze your writing! I am.. ♪A writer ♪A caring person ♪Lovable ♪Addicted to music.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Rose Tyler