The Guillotine.

The Guillotine.

A Story by Expression
"

A short story about the French Revolution. The day is the 21st of january 1793 (The execution of the French king Louis XVI, by then he already was a normal citizen of french called Louis Capet.) . I hope you will like it.

"

 

                I was looking at the Guillotine. It was the day our ex-King was going to be executed. I didn’t wanted to be there and I didn’t know why I was. Our, not so king anymore, King was brought to the Guillotine, he looked terrible. Louis XVI tried to get away, but of course he didn’t got far. I felt sorry for the man. Right after I had that thought I was glad nobody could read my mind, witches could of course but I didn’t thought any of them would have interest in our King’s execution. But if anyone would have heard it, I would probably standing in the same place as our king was right now.
                The executioner put the king’s head between the two wood blocks, his big neck fitted exactly in the circle. The king started to cry, I’d never thought that I would see anyone, besides my younger brothers and sisters, cry, especially not the king! The tears rolled all over his face and then he looked at me. Well it seemed he looked at me, at least he stared in my direction, but just for one second. I didn’t know why he did that, but the pain I saw in his eyes... Let’s just say that I would never forget that.
                While the king was still struggling to get away, the, old but very sharp, bloodstained
knife was falling down. I didn’t wanted to look but I just couldn’t close my eyes. I didn’t even saw the knife cut the King’s head off, it all happened to quick, but what I did see was a pool of blood around the guillotine and the king’s body without a head. I didn’t know where the head went, but I didn’t saw it anymore.
                The people were already getting away, they’ve had their pleasure. But I was frozen, I saw the king’s head rolling towards me, I didn’t know how it even got of the little stage were the Guillotine stood upon, but it really was rolling towards me, it was smeared with blood, it made me sick.
                The head was coming closer and closer, and I still couldn’t move. I thought that I was going to throw up, but it didn’t happen. The last thing I saw were the kings bulging eyes, after that everything went black. I fell down, I heard people calling my name but I was glad I didn’t have to look anymore...   

© 2009 Expression


Author's Note

Expression
Pleas ignore grammar and spelling problems.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

pff happy we weren't there..
nice write mehn..good jobb my tuuti


Posted 14 Years Ago


you have shown some excellent talent with this story my friend...and your description after the beheading was very well done...good story by a great writer

~CJM

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

257 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 12, 2009
Last Updated on September 13, 2009

Author

Expression
Expression

Paramaribo, Suriname



About
Hello, My name is Maisa (Which means Goddess of the Earth). I love to read and Write. I've been on Piano lessons for 7 years, now I only play for myself and I really like to do that. To just rela.. more..

Writing