The Battle

The Battle

A Chapter by Makina
"

Abhay Khurana, a colonel in the Indian Army is severely injured. What will happen now? Will he die or will he be saved by someone? Read and find out...

"

  Chapter- 1

                                      The Battle

From Abhay’s point of view:-

Hi… I’m Abhay Khurana, a 22 year old Indian boy. I work in the Indian Military Forces on the post of Colonel. Abhay means no fear and this is one of the reasons why I was given this name. I have a home where I live with my mother and my father, who’s himself on the post of General in the Indian Army. I also have a pet Labrador. Physically I’m tall and have got a height of about 6 feet and 1 inch. I’ve black hairs and onyx-black eyes.

My life seems perfect but it was never like this before. 14 years back, when I was a child, I was just a street kid. I used to stroll around the town when one day on my stroll, two school going boys, older than me, caught me. They tried to bully me and forced me to steal from an old lady’s house. What do they think, just because they go to school doesn’t mean that they are smarter than me. I knew what was good and what was bad. And according to me, stealing was never good. They kept on forcing me and I was not pleased with it. So…I tripped on the first boy’s leg and kicked the other on his waist, to which he fell down. I started running and stopped at some distance, just to yell back at them," Who do you think you are… to tell me what to do and not to do!” They both got even more furious and the first one helped the other one to get-up and they started running towards me, one of them saying," You little thing…I’ll break all of your bones for speaking that.”

As they neared me, I picked "up the stick in my vicinity, in defense. They reached me and were about to hit me, when I lifted the stick up in the air to hit them. Just as I was about to hit one of them, someone caught my hand. The two boys stood frozen in their position. I too got shocked and lifted my head to look at the new person. He was a man with black-beard and brown-eyes. He smiled at me, which I did not like. I mean here I was in the middle of a war. Oh yes! Ofcourse it was a war. A war, where two teens tried to bully a kid, who was half of their age. And yes, I was only 8-years old. The man then shifted his gaze to the two boys and shouted,” LEAVE!!!!!!” to which the two left immediately. The man had a tough voice. He then gazed back at me and smiled again. Okay…… now this is too much, he was irritating me with that smile of his. He asked me how old I was to which I replied,”8-years old.” He smiled yet again and asked me about my parents. I replied a bit coldly," They abandoned me when I was just 3-years old, so I started living with a saint in a Temple.” The man’s grip on my hand loosened and his smile faded. Then it suddenly came back and he asked me, no not asked but offered me," Would you like to live with me and my wife at my home. I promise we both will love you like our own son…” He offered me his hand too, still smiling. I stared at him for a while. Okay… First thing, he was the first person who had taken my side in a fight. Second thing, he was offering me to live with He and his wife. Moreover, it was like he was adopting me. I answered him and this time a bit softly, "Yes…” and also took his hand, giving him a smile of my own. And from that moment my complete life changed.

So, I started living with him and I was home-schooled. All these years, I watched him going on different missions, sometimes going to other countries to help them in their wars. My name was also changed and with it his surname got attached. It was Khurana, Mayank Khurana and his wife Deepanita Khurana. They truly loved me like their own son. On the eve of my birthday, I was gifted with a black Labrador-puppy and I named it ‘Shadow’ due to the color of his fur. It was then at night at the dinner-table when my mother, yeah… I started calling her mother. She told me that father wanted to talk to me. I looked at him and he smiled again. Oh I had grown fond of those in the past few years. He then asked me," Would you like to serve your country as a soldier…” I was so jubilant at the moment and looked at both of them. Then with a smirk on my face I nodded a yes in reply.



© 2013 Makina


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

:-*



Posted 10 Years Ago


awwsm sis

Posted 10 Years Ago


Makina

10 Years Ago

Thnks sis :)
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
kim
this is a touching story and intersting to read

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Makina

10 Years Ago

Thnx Kim
Hi everyone please read and review and also give your opinion about the chapter

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

209 Views
4 Reviews
Added on May 1, 2013
Last Updated on May 6, 2013
Tags: Mystery, action


Author

Makina
Makina

India



About
I love to write stories and poems more..

Writing