Desire

Desire

A Story by Makingmischief
"

Reflecting on specific emotions

"
What is desire? It is a feeling of impulsion towards an object or action. A compulsive tendency that drives somebody to an overall goal. Desire is what motivates us to reach the light at the end of the tunnel. Wether it be physical or mental achievements we all have desires. Every person has something that they want. I believe there are levels to desires.
First there is cravings. That’s the subtle thought passing through your mind, the little itch under your skin, a quick intervention that helps you pass the time as you day dream during an overplayed movie or slump through a monotonous work chore. Cravings, the most innocent desire.

Next there is impulse. A desire passed off as not a big deal. This is what pushes you to buy things you may not need or to act on a feeling without thinking. This causes you to make unwanted decisions and welcomes problems that you could never prepare for. Impulse is hard to combat, as is any desire, however impulse is not a bad thing. Impulse is what causes us to want to go that extra mile, to attempt a kind gesture, to make someone smile. Impulse is the natural coffee that helps you get up Monday morning. It is in every decision you make.

Lust. The most painful desire. This desire is so deadly there are testimates labeling it as a sin, books shaming its indulgers, and various groups preaching against it. Lust has claimed many relationships. Lust doesn’t hold prejudice against race, sexual preference, or or gender. Lust doesn’t have a good sense of timing and is not fair or clear. Lust is your mind shutting down as feel the hair slowly standing up on the back of your neck. Your toes curling in anticipation. All sounds fading away as your tunnel vision clouds the world around you until it shatters into a black abyss leaving only the source of your lust. A feeling so intense that you would deprive yourself of basic essentials as long as it moved you closer to your interest. Lust will drain life itself, withering away the target until there is nothing more left then an aberrant specter. A phantom of a hollow image that has been consumed. A fading memory of what once was.

© 2018 Makingmischief


Author's Note

Makingmischief
Reviews always welcome

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

76 Views
Added on May 10, 2018
Last Updated on May 10, 2018
Tags: #thoughts