One last letter

One last letter

A Poem by MandaClarine
"

Written for a friend whose husband died in combat.

"

I want to write a poem about you and me, but if I do I wouldn’t be able to breath. Your poem will be the last one I write. Because writing a poem about you would be a nuclear bomb exploding in the center of my heart. A self-inflicting pain that will surely put me to my grave. The letter you wrote me a while back still sits in the unopened envelope atop your flag. I cannot open it because if I do, I will lose what is left of you. That one last letter. What if I open it? It will surly kill me but would that be so bad? Then I would be with you. But I will not, you taught me to be strong. I feel you at night when I am holding her. You never saw her in your physical form but I know you watch over her. You would have been the best of friends, I will spoil her like I know you would have. There is a picture in her room that she points to, she knows you. This one last letter I will read on my deathbed. It will be my calling to you. When you hear me read your letter, wait there for me, I will be there.

© 2014 MandaClarine


Author's Note

MandaClarine
Written for my dear friends, in her perspective. these are the things she tells me, I just put them in a story. she is the real author.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

A valid and well spoken piece... one question - did you mean breath or breathe?

What does anyone do in such a final moment - when words you KNOW will be said upon the pages ...after there are no more words. Poignant and real.

Posted 8 Years Ago


I agree with Craig, this poem is...amazing. Just...amazing!

-QuanaWana

Posted 10 Years Ago


MandaClarine

10 Years Ago

thank you for taking the time to read it :)
So achingly beautiful... the sorrow of such a great loss... the longing in the heart to hold on... to let love stay even in the shadows... A breathless, deep poetic glimpse of the heart in mourning...

Posted 10 Years Ago


MandaClarine

10 Years Ago

Thank you so much! i truly appreciate it.
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
MAC
wow...how completely and totally romantic. what a deeply beautiful write!

Posted 10 Years Ago


MandaClarine

10 Years Ago

Thank you!
wow that is really breathtaking.

Posted 10 Years Ago


This one last letter I will read on my
deathbed. It will be my calling to you. When you
hear me read your letter, wait there for me, I
will be there.

Oh, I am a speechless creature after reading it. I think if it made in prose form then it was most effective. But great read.

Posted 10 Years Ago


MandaClarine

10 Years Ago

Thank you so much :) I am glad you enjoyed it, thank you for the pointers. I am just getting into wr.. read more
Saddam

10 Years Ago

Nothing much, keep on writing dear.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

324 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 27, 2014
Last Updated on March 27, 2014
Tags: america, soldier, love, wait for you, guardian angel, daughter


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Sssnake Sssnake

A Poem by Muse