Lies

Lies

A Poem by Manda
"

A girl that lied... She didnt know how to tell the truth or how to show how she felt. Everyone thought she was ok... but really she was in pain.

"

Its all just a lie

I am hiding from the truth

Afraid to show how I feel

Nobody knows I miss him

Or that I am still deeply in love

The only thing they know are lies

They think I am ok with this

They dont know I cry

That I have restless nights

My life is like a nightmare

The sun no longer shines

Its so dark and I'm all alone

I am afraid...

My heart broken

I am in pain...

I continue to wipe the tears away

My face dry and looking hopeless

They dont know that I still have pictures of him

That I look at them over and over again

Trying to comfort myself

Nobody is here

And nobody knows

That everything I said

Was all just a lie

 

© 2011 Manda


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

What a beautiful and heartfelt piece of writing, the pain and hoplessness is dripping of the words. I truely feel for the person written about the way your heart feels left and abandoned after the initial situation. Wonderfully done.

Posted 11 Years Ago


I know exactly how this person feels. Honestly. A while back a boy who basically meant a lot to me hurt me. He stabbed me in the heart by going out with my best friend. It turned into a big mess. Everyone was crying begging me to forgive and forget. Everyone hated each other and it was up to me to fix it. In the end everyone felt better and expected me to feel better too. But I didn't. I lied saying it was okay but inside I hated everyone, including myself. No body knew how awful I felt inside. It wasn't until a few weeks ago, months (yes, months) after the incident occurred that I started to open up and forgive. Like AbsentElements and P.S I Love You said, lying is just a way of comforting ourselves. We need to allow ourselves to see the truth, or well never be able to forgive and allow ourselves to heal. This was an amazingly written poem. I love reading things I can relate to. Great job, like I said before, you have real talent.

Posted 13 Years Ago


-sigh- Aah Lies.. I hate them but i can't hide i some some myself. I agree with AbsentElements,Lying is often just a way of comfortinng ourselves rather than hiding the truth from others. I loved your poem, It's completly wonderufl. =)

Posted 13 Years Ago


Lying is often just a way of comforting ourselves rather than hiding the truth from others. Most of the time we are hiding the truth from ourselves. That is well said in this poem.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Human beings the only animal that lies to itself even to the extent that lying has become our system of life, our norm... there is a terrible price to pay for what mn has become, just masks avoiding the truth, to each other, to ourselves... our world is in the greatest danger ever and we still pretend we can g on as we have done... it is not just a personal problem, it is a contagious disease of mankind and a killer [even our money has become a lie about value through us] ... the answer is that all have to face God one day, either in this life or the next... all that God requires is that we all love each other in the end and we shall go n further until we do so... death is no resolution because all are resurrected, so we must face our lies one day , no time like now really... nice write...

Posted 14 Years Ago


Wow, very emotional. Well done.

Posted 14 Years Ago


A powerful poem. The internal struggle to keep feeling lock up make us crazy. Poem told a very good story. I like the ending. You wrote a outstanding poem.
Coyote

Posted 14 Years Ago


nice.

really impressed by this one. even though the inconsistent rhyme flow bothered me while reading, looking back, i was just nitpicking. lol
really like your style for this one. Well written. Keep it up!
Good job.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Very well written and heartfelt. Your poetry is always beautiful. Keep it up =)

Posted 14 Years Ago


i love it it's great

Posted 14 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1091 Views
28 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on November 9, 2009
Last Updated on March 11, 2011

Author

Manda
Manda

OH



About
Hello! My names Manda. I am 24 years of age and have an Associate of Arts degree. I am a former National Honors Society member and am hoping to continue my education by starting my Bachelors degree in.. more..

Writing
The Knife The Knife

A Poem by Manda


Did You Know? Did You Know?

A Poem by Manda



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Cant Sleep... Cant Sleep...

A Story by Manda


Death Death

A Poem by HorrorMaster


Why? Why?

A Poem by Manda


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Rogelio Chavez