The Traveller (nee Harlequin)

The Traveller (nee Harlequin)

A Story by Just Manoosh
"

I wrote this off the top of my head in 10 minutes( a test to myself) , no correction, no re-read, just straight into WC for competition "Message in a Bottle" and most of all inspired by the author John Twelve Hawks and his debut book last year -

"

From ones island.

 

The Traveller

 

Dear Sir/Madam,

 

Please accept my introduction in to your lives, I ask rather than assume, for lack of habitation does not mean lack of manners.

 

I am unsure whether my words will reach you in 10 months or 10 years, but manners and formality cost nothing, I only ask that you would allow me to introduce myself. 

 

My birth name is Maya, my lineage Harlequin.  That is if I may and dare introduce myself with such birthright, I do not assume, though it is my inheritance all the same.

 

I do wonder who my words will reach, but then I retract them, perhaps I should continue rather than question, does that please you? my almost friend.

 

I am the perenial traveller, I have a duty, I have a legacy... I have a future to fulfill.  Should I delve deeper? perhaps? talking into the wind opens a healthy hope.

 

Maybe you find it strange that I do not plead to be found, for surely you expected this to be a cry for salvation? for a story of someone lost, of far away islands, of danger, of struggle, of blood.  Actually, my new acquaintance, I do not fight to be found, I write for your salvation, not mine.

 

The only place I am lost from is the foundation of life, don't you just love the foundation?  You may think you have a choice but unfortunately my new friend you do not, there is no choice.  But maybe ...

 

What if your foundation is a lie? 

 

I, the stranger from no-where, who am I to question?

 

Why not pass the time with me? what do you have to lose? for these are only throw away words. 

 

So, what if .... what if .... what if I told you salvation exist in the angels Michael and Gabriel.  Oh ho, laughter, I can hear your laugh from here, you are  happy in the modern day "island living" you exist in.  What place is there for angels, right?  WRONG.  Angels don't have wings and evil still exists.

 

Go on, do it, throw my words back to the sea, stay true to the foundation of life...    but what if? what if it was "The Foundation Ltd?" would you read my words differently, go read them differently, see the Foundation Corporation.

 

Now answer a stranger this, do you actually think you are free?  I am not, and I am stuck alone on a desert island ... and I know I am not free.  What makes you think you are?

 

God bless you my new friend, do not wake up too late tomorrow, I can not save everyone, only the angels.  For you I can only point the way, fight the way, fight alone... open your eyes.

 

Stop being so blind.

 

Shift The Foundation.

 

Maya.

 

 

© 2008 Just Manoosh


Author's Note

Just Manoosh
A new direction for me.

Go read John Twelve Hawks - The Traveler.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

well done manoosh :D

i liked the format - a letter.

like the person below wrote, its captivating.
thats a very descriptive word for it.

i thought it was funny that her name was maya (meaning illusion in my fathers language)

i will have to read this a few more times, but i do like it,
just havent figured out how.

you say its a brand new direction for you, so explore it.
a synthesis is 2 things merging into something new, see where it leads you,

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

This is very different and quite refreshing and in a way sounds very new in terms of coming straight of your mind in an instant i am impressed by this format to have written it in 10 minutes, there are complex irregularities about this piece and i am not quite sure where it is going but i like the depth and honesty attributed to it.
The island theme is something we have discussed and is an escapist theme we all have from time to time but can we really make our dreams come true?

Posted 14 Years Ago


WOW m you are amazing!!!! i love this write!!!!! the twist at the end was good and i love you rhythem throught the entier piece! GReat Job... B.P.

Posted 15 Years Ago


Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful. The Foundation Ltd. : ) I absolutely love this piece, it's so compelling and so unordinary. I am not going to read the book you suggest, I prefer to sit and wallow in your words. I do, though have one objection: throw away words, these are not!! Excellently written, my friend. Most enjoyable!!

Posted 15 Years Ago


Oh, amazing stuff. Don't doubt your ten minutes of creativity. It's really a good, enjoyable, thought-provoking piece of work. I enjoyed it very much. :-)

Posted 15 Years Ago


I really liked this, excellent and I'm glad I could inspire just a tiny bit of those creative juices in your head. Though I'll have to step aside and give John Twelve Hawks 99% of the credit.
I really liked the format you used and the use of "salvation" and the question "What if?"
"If" is the middle word of life.
Well done and I hope to see it entered on the 15th.


(Sorry again for making you wait.) ;-)

Posted 15 Years Ago


This is exquisite Manoosh. I was reading about Micheal the other day, which is unusual for me, so this comes as confirmation of a sisters presence. You are fighting the good fight, I think. I am speechless. The timing of this piece is interesting enough, let alone the content. I thought the unification of hope and faith of the Tradition was only desired by the few and whether or not you were the narrator, the narrator has yet to make her own step towards freedom. Abolish the slavery and become your self. Obligations have to be met, but some only appear to be obligatory. We can determine where our pitiful wealth goes. Ensure it isn't to the Ltd's, or the Plc's. This was completely believable. I felt like I was reading on a littered street in a busy town center - London maybe. This is one of my favorites because of it's relevance to me.

Posted 15 Years Ago


well done manoosh :D

i liked the format - a letter.

like the person below wrote, its captivating.
thats a very descriptive word for it.

i thought it was funny that her name was maya (meaning illusion in my fathers language)

i will have to read this a few more times, but i do like it,
just havent figured out how.

you say its a brand new direction for you, so explore it.
a synthesis is 2 things merging into something new, see where it leads you,

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Oh, this is so very captivating. I'm glad you sent this to me. Is this perhaps the start of a novel, or collections of stories? The scenario of the message in a bottle was unique. I'd never read it quite that way before. And the questions posed were intriguing. I think if I had found that message, I would be inclined to read further, to wonder, and to question. An excellent write, and I'll be waiting to see what you make of this in the future.

~Rogue Daffodil~

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

424 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 13, 2008
Last Updated on May 14, 2008

Author

Just Manoosh
Just Manoosh

Wonderland, South East England., United Kingdom



About
Music Playlist at MixPod.com Outside the Cafe Esperanza e inspiraci�n (Hope and Inspiration) Everyday without exception I shed silent tears. Just ask me, I won't bite. N.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Isolato Isolato

A Poem by Just Manoosh


Legacy Legacy

A Poem by Just Manoosh