Love is...

Love is...

A Story by Just Manoosh
"

A moment of reflection.

"

"When you asked what was wrong I smiled and said 'nothing', and turned around and whispered 'everything"

 
To me love is 'acceptance'.  Acceptance in who you are, the good, the bad and the down right weird.
 
Although the human condition states that love has no limitations, it really should have some guidelines....... I guess these are some of mine.
 
Love is...
 
To be listened to, but not always agreed with.
To not being afraid to say exactly how you feel without fear of retribution, concern or confusion.
To know that it is OK to be just a little bit weird..... and then other times completely indignant.
To have freedom and company in equal measures.
To be independently respected but not lonely.
To be romanced through want and not need. 
To happily not-perfect.
To be sung to, not given diamonds.
To walk bare foot through the grass, not running in high heels.
To appreciate the little things and not chase the impossible.
To dream, smile, laugh in everything you do, even cleaning the toilet.
To always help those who need but consider you lover first.
 
To know me is to appreciate me,
To love me is to accept me.
 
 

© 2009 Just Manoosh


Author's Note

Just Manoosh
Most people that hide want to be found.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

And most people who are found are never given a second chance.... Always believe in what cannot be... So you know what to strive for... There is no perfection... Just happiness in between imperfection...

Posted 9 Years Ago


Beautifully stated, but I'm going to disagree with you. Love has no guidelines, at least not for my heart. These things aren't a prerequisite for falling in love, these things happen because you're in love. And they are all really good things.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

402 Views
2 Reviews
Added on September 23, 2009
Last Updated on September 23, 2009

Author

Just Manoosh
Just Manoosh

Wonderland, South East England., United Kingdom



About
Music Playlist at MixPod.com Outside the Cafe Esperanza e inspiraci�n (Hope and Inspiration) Everyday without exception I shed silent tears. Just ask me, I won't bite. N.. more..

Writing