Camden Town

Camden Town

A Poem by Just Manoosh
"

if I could chose my Groundhog day it would be this day, 26th July several years ago ........ Written July 2006, pre-deletion day.

"

Camden Town

 

Inside my head a movie plays, the image is so clear.

Inside my heart your words reside, battling with my fear.

Outside my shell is very strong, but inwardly I weep,

Clasping tight to memories that burn so very deep.

I feel your body all day long, its warmth against my skin,

My senses hold your perfume mixed with cigarettes and gin.

These are the things I hold with me in everything I do,

To the man in Camden Town, I always will love you.

 

 

 

© 2009 Just Manoosh


Author's Note

Just Manoosh
To Michael,
With love Manoosh xx


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Love and hate are two sides of the same coin, in one moment you want to stamp on his meat and two veg and in the next you want to make sure he is ok and smell the memories of that stenching torture(yummy scrummy let me feel my tummy for the cake that i eat leaves me choked and spewing out to my feet.)

Posted 14 Years Ago


'...mixed with cigarettes and gin...' is my favourite dab. Always great to read poems of association about places in London. Just reading the word Camden immeditely sets the scene. The poem will prob trigger memories for anyone who's been down the Lock.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Manoosh...Here is the promised review, so sorry about the mix-up, but it couldn't be helped!
I really enjoyed reading your piece, it is a psychological piece with undertones of depression and anxiety. Although this is a memory of some magnitude and love, it is also a sombre piece that didn't meet the criteria of the contest. Having said that, it has much merit in another genre. It speaks volumes about a precious lost love and the "Groundhog Day" you describe.
Holding onto memories is so important, yet it can destroy a person to the point where they think of nothing else...
A very poignant write. Thank you for submitting...

Posted 16 Years Ago


Awww.. this makes me want to love him too. You included his "flaws" and his good things! Very nicely done.

Posted 17 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

105 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 6, 2008
Last Updated on July 28, 2009

Author

Just Manoosh
Just Manoosh

Wonderland, South East England., United Kingdom



About
Music Playlist at MixPod.com Outside the Cafe Esperanza e inspiraci�n (Hope and Inspiration) Everyday without exception I shed silent tears. Just ask me, I won't bite. N.. more..

Writing