Two Young Hearts

Two Young Hearts

A Story by Michelle Tarnowski

How do you describe a love so true, so pure, that it has no selfish motives, no hidden agendas? A love that seeks only to give with no thought of taking back anything in return. I watched as friendship turned to caring and caring blossomed into a gentle love and two young hearts melded together.

Every available moment was spent together arm in arm or hand in hand, watching sunsets and stars by the water or dancing under the pale halo of a street light while he sang "When I fall in love it will be forever…." to this girl he held in his arms. He knew in his heart he would happily spend the rest of his life with her and she felt the same about him.

They would sit and plan their future on the steps of an old red church, always the same church, contemplating if this might even be the place they would marry. No one else existed in their world. There would not have been room anyway since every space was filled with each other. Everyone who saw them knew they belonged together.

© 2012 Michelle Tarnowski


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I "love" love stories. After being married for 17 years and having been through hell and back with my husband's stroke and raising four children, it would be wonderful to read of this kind of love after the "I do's" and after the "in good times and bad, in sickness and in health, til death do us part." Hmm, maybe I'll write one like that myself. This short story creates a vivid scene of young love. :)

(BTW, "When I Fall in Love" was the song we danced to at our wedding!)

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

223 Views
1 Review
Added on June 16, 2012
Last Updated on June 16, 2012

Author

Michelle Tarnowski
Michelle Tarnowski

WA



About
I started writing when I took journalism and wrote for the college newspaper for a year. I loved it so much that the last quarter I took it without credit. My need to write comes and goes. When it is .. more..

Writing