Some Darkness

Some Darkness

A Poem by Dave

Some Darkness

Who are you? Where did you come from?  Where are you going?
I don't know, but you know all these things.  Do you care?
No!  I don't, that's why I ask.  How would I.  I don't know you.
That is what you say, but it's not true.  You do, you know you do!
In your mind you have seen me.  A specter you do not wish to see.
Things long past, that is it.  A secret you have hidden from others.
I have no secrets!  Look on the white pages of my life's story.
The pages are white, but there are dark smudges all about.
I know who you are, where you came from, where you are going?

© 2020 Dave


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Definitely feel the darkness creep in this one. Something that, although on surface all is well, it is a dark bit which permeates the white pages. I like this one as I tend to lean toward that bit of intrigue in poems and stories. Cheers!

Posted 6 Years Ago


this is a beautiful poem it speaks about oneself, the value and respect given to oneself. why it is important to love oneself first before others.

Posted 6 Years Ago


... the non-you that lurks in the shadow of decisions. Never receiving satisfaction but then never laid to rest. A Unique angle, I like it.


Posted 6 Years Ago


Ooooooo, quite spooky! That dark voice of all the ills you haven't quite done, but were lurking there, somewhere in the dark smudges! It is self-rebuking, I think. My self-rebuking is usually about all those things I should have done, but haven't. When the voice says in the last line, 'I know who you are, where you came from and where you going', perhaps we should welcome it, accept it , and then ignore it. Good for you for writing this 'dark' poem!! Loved it!!!

Posted 6 Years Ago


I love this mysterious message, so different from your usual sensual lyrical writing! There are aspects of this questioning that can be applied to either of our lives, I believe. There are just some people in life that we "know" instantly becuz their point of view is compatible & their life experiences have struck similar notes (((HUGS))) Fondly, Margie

Posted 6 Years Ago


A little darker tone for you.hard to interpret its real meaning.something close to death or maybe your inner demons.maybe I'm way off track.I like the change up tho.

Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

231 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 24, 2018
Last Updated on April 7, 2020

Author

Dave
Dave

Bridgewater, NJ



About
David B. Pincus I am a retired teacher. I have taught in grades 5th-8th in New Jersey. I am married and have two grown daughters and four grandsons. I enjoy playing tennis and traveling. With m.. more..

Writing
Swept Away Swept Away

A Poem by Dave


Thinking of You Thinking of You

A Poem by Dave



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..