Sorrowful Inebriation

Sorrowful Inebriation

A Poem by Mark
"

my friend gave me the word inebriation and told me to write a poem for it.

"



Enticingly warming and seductively numbing. the poison drips down my throat. I give into this temptation because all the good in my life has given up on me leaving nothing left to pull me out of this horrifying despair. the will to live, my hopes and joys vanish like the drink in my glass.

 
I live in a realm of desolate cold and ravenous spikes. The longer you tread upon it's grounds the more destroyed you become. Only when my means to consume this friend to the depressed comes to an end will i resurface into the world i once knew. 


Breakfast, lunch, and dinner look exactly the same and pull me deeper and deeper away, into a sorrowful inebriation so deep not even the sun can shine here. When at last my heartbeat ceases and i fall into that dismal stream of forever darkness that awaits me,the congregation that remembers me will be one of glass and spirits...the life of unquenched thirst for sadness shall be my end.

Will your remembrance be from cold glass and acrid spirits? or from warm flesh and salty tears?

© 2009 Mark


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

OMG, the poem just hit me on my head. ok, lets put it this way though the poem's theme ain't that easy to comprehend there are points which put you on the track.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

280 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on May 30, 2009

Author

Mark
Mark

Where ever my feet are.



About
I love the rain. Im an oldschool Romantic, paint you a picture, show up at your doorstep with flowers and a bowl of chicken soup when your sick, write you my love, trail a trail of rose petals to y.. more..

Writing
Cloudy Bliss Cloudy Bliss

A Poem by Mark