Beauty

Beauty

A Story by Marllene
"

Admiring her from afar would have to be enough

"


"Beauty is not everything" she says. How easy would it be to believe such a thought. How perfect the world would be if everyone thought as she did. However, as much as she might have believed it herself, her face was a gift from the Gods, a wonderful work of art, which was to be admired by everyone alive. Me among them. I dreamt many times what it would be like to have her hair instead of mine. Her silky locks like velvet around her smooth cheeks. So soft, one could believe them unreal.

 

When I look into the mirror, my eyes are pale and liveless, like a cloud too weak for a storm, but with a shadow of a dirty cloak, unworthy to be with others in the sky. I long to see hers, heavenly blue with dancing sparks every time she laughs. The laugh from her mouth is a miracle given to the poor people who stand beside hoping to hear it. Full lips made like from strawberries and their taste not likely different. A darker shade touches them in the late hours of the day, giving her the image of a siren from a land of fairy tales. There she would fit perfectly, into the times of old with knights fighting for her favor. There are yet stories of brave women hiding their true nature behind strong armour and sharp swords.


I wish I were such a woman. I would fight for her in every battle I would be faced with. Then after all my victories, I would take the blue ribbon from her hair and hold it safely between my fingers, caressing the soft material with the thoughts of being closer to her. I would reveal my secret for everyone to mock. She wouldn't. Maybe I would win her heart then. Maybe it would be my time to shine for her.

 

The times of heroic battles are gone. I can only watch from afar. Smile at her when her eyes find mine. Another man comes to her and whispers sweet flattery to her. Another man is granted the privilege to dance with her. If I could be a knight to win me a dance and perhaps the ribbon as a token of her affection mirroring mine. I wouldn't hide in the shadows. For only beauty can shine in the light.


© 2014 Marllene


Author's Note

Marllene
the picture is not mine, it's from evniki.deviantart.com

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

"For only beauty can shine in the light."
I love this line and it's very well-written and beautiful picture for it :)

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

308 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on July 31, 2014
Last Updated on September 26, 2014
Tags: beauty, pining, love

Author

Marllene
Marllene

Czech Republic



About
20 something dreamer from the land of cold reality and quick judgements more..

Writing
Depression Depression

A Story by Marllene