The Tree and the Kite

The Tree and the Kite

A Story by marod
"

very short

"

The Tree & The Kite

 

         There was a boy  who loved the shade of a tree. He lived in a small town that was usually very hot by summer. His remedy towards the hot sun was his beloved tree, since it was on top of a high hill in a bunch of grasslands (so, the wind was able to hit the tree with no interuptions). There was no tree that was like this one to him. He discovered the tree with the help of his over-protective mother who finally took him out in search of meadows. Unfortuneately the boy's mother sooned died after that. With the terrible illness the women had she wasn't able to make any memories to leave behind for her only son. The only memory the boy had was the tree. He had a dedicated father who would work day and night in order to nurture his son. This lead the boy to have much extra time on his hands alone. So day by day, the boy kept coming to the tree when the sun was at its highest and cool air brushed his hair.

 

          One day, however, a peculiar girl came runing along up the hill holding a yellow kite with red bows in its tail. She was wearing a fine satin purple dress that made her look like a purple rose in the middle of meadows with the help of the wind. She held a smile that suddenly fell when she saw her bright kite get stuck in the boy's beloved tree. With no hesitation she began to climb the tree. As her black shiny shoes met ground she spotted the boy and stared back at him in amazement that soon ended with a smile.

"Hey there!" the girl said while reachimg her hand out in hope of a handshake... The boy stood silent looking at the kite.

 

"Do you want my kite?" she asked to only get silence in return.

 

"Do you want me to leave?" then the boy met eyes with her.

 

"Is this your tree?" she asked dignified and sighed at the silence the boy kept giving her.

 

"Leave then! My beloved father owns these lands and you have no bussiness here!", she screamed while pointing the away.

 

          Once the boy saw the seriousness in her eyes he finally understood everything and walked away. He did not know weather to be mad at the girl or not. So in his head he tried to design a diagram of what really might had happen. His final and most accurate guess was that the girl was talking to him and thaught he was rude for not answering back and asked him to leave. Proud at his last guess the boy decided to no longer ponder on weather being mad at the girl. After all, he thaught, it was not the girl's fault for confusing the boy's ilness for rudeness. For the boy was deaf.

© 2008 marod


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

195 Views
Added on May 31, 2008

Author

marod
marod

San Luis, AZ



About
salute jimapel marod! become interested~ more..

Writing
Letter Number One Letter Number One

A Chapter by marod