When They Came for Us

When They Came for Us

A Poem by Jay
"

To all of you from me

"
Overworked and underwhelmed, misguided and impressionable......left in a state of dissatisfaction for the cards we were dealt...... playing in an endless game of torment .....we ponder our lives. Almost as if for a cruel joke...... they leave us with just enough regret, to allow us to feel the hopelessnes granted to us ever so graciously ....our only form of comfort as we sit idly by with our hands folded waiting almost as if to be put on trial .....for crimes none other than individuality. Slowly we watch front and center as the light of hope fades from the eyes of the non believers. Those who's purpose have long since expired and ideals only serve as a reminder to the lucky few......who know beyond the shadow of a doubt that they have a chance, at a life better than the one's they were forced to endure. A chance to be more than just a whisper in the wind ,but to nurture the thoughts of a life much better than this. Breathing with each moment that passes.......we inhale the good fortune and exhale the discord that a life of sorrow throws on our paths to eternity.


"Allowing for your light to be extinguished by those closer to it than yourself is almost as great a tragedy as never finding it to begin with"

~To dreamers like you~

© 2016 Jay


Author's Note

Jay
Hope you enjoy this

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love this piece. The begining speaks of my life at one time and the ending of a place I've achieved. Very relatable words you have written here!
I feel I'm always trying to inspire those around me, knowing how hard the journey has been for me longing to see others left behind find hope and joy in life...
The line: as the light of hope fades from the non believers.. is so powerful as well as: who know beyond the shadow of a doubt that they have a chance, at a life better than the one's they were forced to endure...
This reminds me to be grateful for how far I've come, but deeply saddens me for those who can't grasp it's ending for their own.
Well penned!
Tabby

Posted 7 Years Ago


Jay

7 Years Ago

Thank you for your understanding and your thoughts, I'm glad you were able to relate to this poem.
First line....left in a state of dissatisfaction for the cards we we're dealt. - In one time in my lfe I really felt this myself and wondered what was to become of me. That line alone really, really struck me.
Another line....for crimes none other than individuality - again I have always felt i was different to others and never really wanted to follow the crowd.
I feel that you're writing comes directly from the heart and this poems is very moving to me.

The last bit too...again this too means something to me.

I have to say i am quite moved by this.

Mark.


Posted 7 Years Ago


Jay

7 Years Ago

Thank you for an epic review

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

485 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on October 12, 2016
Last Updated on October 13, 2016

Author

Jay
Jay

About
I just write what comes to mind whether sadness or joy, pain or relative understanding. It all depends on the matter at hand. I just want for my words to be able to mean something. more..

Writing
Sunsets on Mars Sunsets on Mars

A Poem by Jay


Royalty Royalty

A Poem by Jay



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Midnight Midnight

A Poem by Jay


Gambler Gambler

A Chapter by HeyJadeXO