The Crazy Ex-boyfriend (Random scene: 2)

The Crazy Ex-boyfriend (Random scene: 2)

A Chapter by MellyBURSTOFbayum
"

Okay, so there were a lot of other scenes popped up too, so I'll be writing 3 scenes. Not nessecarily the same CHAPTER, but it's just an idea. Thanks for understanding :)

"

"All I'm saying is that you shouldn't freak out because of this Jake person," Ryan said, as we got out of his car. It was another Saturday afternoon, and another day of work. Working at a recreation centre isn't as bad as you would think; the people are nice, and the job was... well, fun for one. Second, I didn't need any application to get the  job. Ryan's dad helped us both get a job a few weeks before ninth grade was over. At that time, I was desperate for a summer job. Why? Because I like keeping myself busy with work, and not on the computer every day for the next two months. Yes, I am aware I am a dork, but what can I say?

 

"I have my reasons, Ryan. He's been stalking me after I broke up with him, and it's creepy. After going out with him for a month, I couldn't stand him. He crossed the lines far too many times, but I was nice enough to let it slide. He crossed the line again just last week, and I guess my anger is finally coming out." I explained, annoyed. Not because of Ryan asking, it was because of the three weeks that got wasted over some jerk who was self-centred and full of himself. I never thought I would see the day when I would go out with people like that.
"Okay, so he stalks you here and there, it is creepy. But some guys wouldn't be able to let go that quick. Give him time."
"I think four months is long enough." I said dryly. Ryan was silent, considering what I've said.
"Psh, wow. Four months? Are you serious?" He finally said. I took his question as a rhetorical question, and walked through the glass doors.
"Well, I guess you have a point there... and saying that you ARE my girlfriend now..." he looked over at me as we put our stuff away.
"Never agreed to it, Ryan." I said as I turned away towards the desk. I sorted out the pages, and turned back around to find Ryan's body, his feet nearly touching mine. I blushed as I looked up, my body trying to take a step back, but the desk was in my way. My breath started to quicken, my heart started to beat faster and faster, the scent of him filled my nose, and his sapphire blue eyes were soft and kind towards me, but also luring. He leaned down to my ear, his face inches away from mine.
"Oh yeah?" He whispered. His voice sent chills down my spine. "Then I guess I'll have to do the whole thing all over again."
"Nope," I said, my voice even. He stood up straight, and looked at me with confused eyes. "Well, not until after work at least."
"Doubt it." he said, as he turned back.

I walked towards the photocopier, and worked out all of the papers. Suddenly I felt arms wrapped around my waist, pulling me towards their chest.
"You can't make me do that again without embarrasing you, you know." Ryan said. I tried to pry his arms away from me, but they were tight around my waist. I sighed, and walked towards the desk with Ryan attached to me. I put the sheets down, and turned around. He pulled me in tighter, and leaned down.

"You mean the world to me, Nikki. If anyone were to hurt you, like your ex for example, I'll kick their a*s to Alaska. You have to trust me, Nikki." he said, as his eyes examined my face. There was a lump in my throat.

"Fine," I said "Can you do me two favours though?"
"Anything."
"Last night Jake texted me," I looked up to see his expression, but nothing had changed, so I continued. "He wanted to see me at work. I haven't told him the exact place I worked at, but it's possible that he will find me today. If he comes by looking for me, and asks for me, just say I'm busy, or whatever. Make up an excuse. Can you do that for me?"
"Yeah. The other favour?"
"Get out of my way, I need to give this to Laura."
"Fine." He said, as he stepped out of my way.
I walked towards Laura, my boss, and handed her the sheets. She politely said thank you, even though she wasn't paying attention to me at all, it was an automatic thing.

I walked back to my desk, finding Ryan there.
"You know, you can't run away from him forever." He said softly.
"I know. But I will if I have the chance." I said.
He took a step closer to me, and wrapped his arms around me, pulling me in. He ducked down as I went up on my toes until our lips met. My heart started to pound once again, my arms wrapped themselves around his neck. Moment stopped all together; my hatred towards Jake faded, I didn't care if I was at work, I didn't care if Jake were to show up to piss me off, I didn't care that his family hated me, I was just... breathtaken.
Someone coughed. Ryan and I stopped, and looked towards the coughing noise. It was Jake, and it was probably the most akwardest moment in my life.

"Hello, Nikki." Jake said, looking at Ryan. I looked up at Ryan, and saw that he was examining Jake, taking in his profile. I looked back at Jake, and his eyes were now looking at our hands.
"Hi." I said. He looked back at me.
"Can I talk to you for a second?" he asked.

"No, I have to work now." I said, turning away towards my desk.
"It will only take a second." He said, clearly desperate to know what's going on between Ryan and I.

"No." I said, as I disappeared from his view, behind a wall. S**t. I was screwed, big time.

"Can I help you, sir?" Ryan asked. I tell that behind his question, it really meant "Get out."
"No, but I would like to talk to Nikki though." Jake said, curiosity brewing behind his voice.
"Well she's busy, but I'm sure I know as much as she knows," he said, annoyed. "And what I know is, is that you've hurt her. She does not want to talk to you right now, nor see you. Unless you have questions about the activities or programs going on in the recreation centre, I'd be happy to answer them."
"You don't know anything, Ryan Moren. I demand to see Nikki now." Jake said, angrily.
"Sir, I'm afraid you're going to have to leave." Ryan said, calmly.
"What is going on here?" Lauren's voice asked.
"He wants to see Nikki, but she doesn't want to see anyone right now." Ryan explained.
"Why not?" she asked, curious.
"Ask her yourself," he whispered. There was silence.
I heard footsteps, walking towards my desk.
"Nikki, why don't you want to see the young man?" she asked.
"He hurt me far too many times, Lauren. After I broke up with him, he's become all clingy." I explained, whispering.
"Well, what if he wanted to know about the centre and it's programs it has to offer?"
"Trust me, if he was, he would of asked Ryan also, but he's not. He saw me and Ryan hugging... okay, more like embracing, but it's typical... y'know?" I said, softly.

"Okay... Well, do you want him to leave, Nikki?" She asked softly. This was what I liked about Lauren. She's understanding, but she's also strict. She would help me or anyone if they needed to.
"Yes, please." I sighed. She nodded, and walked back.
"Sir, can you please leave. She's terribly busy with a project right now, and she won't have time to speak to anyone." Lauren's voice said.
"It'll only take a second." Jake said, annoyed.

"Sir, if you don't leave now, I will call security on you." Ryan threatened. It fell silent.
"Did you just threaten me, Moren?" Jake said, pissed. Ugh, here comes his "tough" side. Great, just what I needed. More reasons to hate him, acting all tough, even though he's a sissy on the inside.
"Yes, I did." Ryan said, confidently.
"I don't think you should do that." Jake said, almost in a smirk.

"And why not?"
"Because I can call police on you for threatening me." Did I mention he hardly makes sense? Anything I would say, he would be completely irrelivant about it.
"Oh really. Then I guess I should be arrested for protecting her, right?" he said. "Well look here, sir. I can press charges on you with harrassment. Oh look, a win win situation, isn't it?" It fell silent again.

"Fine. I'll leave. But you won't be with her for a long period of time, I can gaurentee you that." Jake said. I could almost hear Ryan rolling his eyes.
"Yeah, yeah, whatever. Get your a*s out of here before I really do call security." he said. That was the end of that.



© 2010 MellyBURSTOFbayum


Author's Note

MellyBURSTOFbayum
If it doesn't make much sense, sorry. I've written this for 3 hours, and I don't think I've perfected in writing yet. :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

421 Views
Added on February 14, 2010
Last Updated on February 15, 2010
Tags: Random Scene The Crazy Ex-boyfri, Work, life, fail


Author

MellyBURSTOFbayum
MellyBURSTOFbayum

Toronto, ON., Shh, it's a secret :), Canada



About
I am Melissa. Yes, I am superior, and I'm lovable >;). I'm kind of disappointed in myself.. Can you believe? Likin someone for five years... and you were only thirteen! It's sort of pathetic of .. more..

Writing