Waterbeds are cool! ~ a Doctor Who Fan Fiction.

Waterbeds are cool! ~ a Doctor Who Fan Fiction.

A Story by Xxcrimson11xX (Martina)
"

A dream I had about my adventures with the Doctor about Daleks,Cybermen and other wibbly-wobbly stuff. Alright, then! Allons-y!

"
"Ex-ter-mi-nate!" I heard the Daleks cry in unison, the sound muted by the concrete walls above me.
   I must be the third time this month I've been chased through London by Da-effing-leks.
I don't think I ever realized their hatred for The Doctor ran so deep into their genetic make-up. I mean, they really hate him. Not in a I-want-to-exterminate-you-and-your-loved-ones kind of way, but in a -I-really-effing-hate-you-and-I-want-every-atom-of-your-body-scattered-in-time-and-space-so-far-apart-from-one-another-that-you're-reduced-to-nothingness-but-I'll-settle-for-exterminating-you-and-your-loved-ones.
   My life began about 5 months ago, when I was 17, after The Doctor accidentally blew up my school. Something for which i thanks him everyday. No one was hurt, of course, but classes were postponed until further notice. Before that I don't even remember how I got through the day. He offered me the whole of time and space. How could I say no? Well, it's not like I said yes either because my mouth was wide open and refused to close. But I ran off with him. I ran off with a 973-year-old time-traveler. What would my mum have said if she knew? I'd rather face the Daleks, thank you very much.
   So, anyway, what was I saying? Oh, right. The Daleks. Well,they've found yet another way to seemingly come back from the dead. He's told me not to wander off. But I can't just very well sit here twiddling my thumbs while England goes up in flames!
   "Doctor!" I call out.
   "Don't wander off. Is it really that much to ask?" I hear his voice behind me.
   I turn around. "Well, I thought you ought to know that the people are all safe and sound in there homes. And U.N.I.T is making sure they won't remember a thing. What about the Daleks?"
   "Gone. Well, for now. They'll probably come back in a couple years. If we’re lucky it’ll be Christmas! I’ve got a record to maintain." He stated matter-of-factly.
   "Well, that's more than I hoped for at least." I laughed lightly.
   After a whole month of chaos roaming free throughout England knowing they wouldn't be back for a while made me feel relieved.
   "So no more running for a while?" I asked jokingly.
   We started walking back to the TARDIS.
   "What do you mean? No running,no fun!" He smiled his trademark Cheshire cat smile.
   "In fact, I was going to suggest going to Barcelona 2159. The running of the bulls is fantastic that year!"
   "Oh, all right! Let's go run from some bulls. But you're buying dinner!" I poked my finger against his chest to make my point.
   "Oi, it's your turn!"
   "No. I payed last time. Had to clean five stables, remember? You lost the TARDIS and got us stuck in Ireland 1943." I shuddered at the memory.
   "I did no such thing. I misplaced it. And I found it in the end!"He rolled his eyes at me.
   "Yeah. About 2 minutes before the old ladies and the school nurses nearly had us for dinner!"
   We reached the TARDIS and went inside.
   "Oh, fine! Where do you want to go then?" He threw his hands up in exasperation leaning against the console.
   "Somewhere... awesome." I threw myself onto one of the comfy seats the TARDIS had included in the last reconstruction it went through and I smiled up at him.
   "Awesome? Fair enough..." He smiled back and trailed off afterwards but there was something behind it. A devilish undertone to it. Oh, he was up to something.
   "Yes. Awesome." I gripped the seat determined this time to feel the TARDIS moving.
   Since he figured out how to use the blue stabilizers the actual trips weren't as... bumpy. But bumpy was fun.
   The TARDIS whirred and I assumed we were off.
   But we didn't land. Or at least we didn't think we did. She always groans when she lands.
   "What's happened? Why didn't we land?"
   "We did land. But not on hard ground. Open those doors and outside you'll find sector Y-54-7u-pinecone-T of the Emerald Seas. A group of dwarf planets all made up of emeralds. Well, more like Asterigan firewood. But, what is you people say? One man's trash is another man's treasure, right?" He looked at me expectantly.
Meanwhile, I just stood there with my jaw nearly on the ground. I've seen a lot in the past five months. Cat people. Tree people. Jellyfish pets. A talking scorpion (of which i was terrified the whole time). We've fought the Cybermen, the Weeping Angels,the Daleks, the Judoon,and and even all 4 of those at the same time on one occasion. He even showed me my great-great-great-great-great grandchildren. But emeralds? A planet. Made of emeralds. And they use it as firewood? I nearly laughed at the thought.
   The Doctor took my next words from my mouth. " Yes. We can step outside. But you'll have to put those on." He gestured to a pair of boots.
   I broke down and laughed hysterically.
   "You never cease to amaze me, Doctor." I smiled at him and chuckled a bit more before picking up the boots from the floor.
He reached the door before I did and held it open while I pulled the boots on.
   "Nor do you. Come along,Pond. I won't wait around forever." He looked at me trying to keep a straight face and failing.
   "You have a time machine and you can't wait 3 more minutes for me to tie my boots? Wow. You really should be more patient, Doctor." I laughed and and stood up from the seat.
   Oh,yeah. Did I mention? My grandparents were Amy Pond and Rory Williams. Whatever they did to Amy at Demon's Run wore off after about 7 years. And they had my father. Anthony Williams Pond. My mother died when I was very young. But my father and my great-grandpa Brian Williams. But he wasn't actually very old. Wibbly-Wobbly Timey-Wimey. Anyway, I found the Doctor or rather he found me when the Cybermen attempted to upgrade us once again. Remember I said he blew up my school? Yeah. He regenerated in the boiler room of all places. I pulled him out and he slept for 3 hours before coming too and giving those Cybermen a proper schooling.And I've spent nearly all my time doing an awful lot of running since then. My father and grandfather knew there was nothing they could do to get me to stay and finish my "education". But he does bring me back every weekend to see them and to put their minds at rest. Grandpa Brian isn't angry at the Doctor for what happened to the Ponds because he expected something of the sort to happen anyways. He just doesn't want me to get hurt. But he knows how I'd feel if I had to give up travelling with the Doctor. So they let me go.
   We walked back into the TARDIS the next night. I was exhausted but for once, it was because of all the fun we had. No running for our lives. No aliens out to kill us. It was marvelous. We walked around and explored and made up games and I listened to him go on and on about the history of the place (it's fascinating!). And with the TARDIS' help we even made an emerald into a ring for me.
   "I'm going to bed. Which way to the bedrooms? And I don't want a waterbed this time!"
   "But waterbeds are cool!" He countered loudly.
   "Well... yeah, I guess they are." I had to concede that point because,frankly, waterbeds are amazing!"But I still just want a normal bed."
"Okay. Alright. How about a bunk bed?" He asked hopefully.
"Sure, why not." I wasn't even listening anymore. My eyelids were drooping and i was swaying on my feet.
I had always wondered whether he tried to make up for Melody. But I don't think he does. He's my Doctor. And I'm his companion. He invited me because he wanted to. Not because he felt he had too. My Doctor. My raggedy Doctor. My madman in his blue box. And I'm his companion. I wouldn't ever want to be anything else. And anything that tries to say otherwise is going to find that I can put a quite a fight to stay beside my Doctor. Because just like my grandmother, I was the first face his face saw. My name is Amelia Pond. I am the Doctor's family. “And I always will be…” was my last thought before I drifted off into a dreamless sleep.

© 2013 Xxcrimson11xX (Martina)


Author's Note

Xxcrimson11xX (Martina)
I wrote this in a state of almost awareness, I wrote down what I remembered and I don't expect it to be great. I didn't correct it and I got lazy towards the end. Hope you liked it anyway! Geronimo!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

268 Views
Added on September 3, 2013
Last Updated on September 3, 2013
Tags: Doctor Who, Fanfiction, The Doctor, Companion, TARDIS, Daleks, Cyberman, Amy Pond

Author

Xxcrimson11xX (Martina)
Xxcrimson11xX (Martina)

Chicago, IL



About
Hey, Martina here. I am complicated, strange, rather odd, unpredictable, reckless, childish and immature. And I absolutely love being that way. I am who I am and nothing is going to change that. I a.. more..

Writing