The Night

The Night

A Poem by Maskedthoughts

I’m scared of the night

Of the uncertainty it brings.

Of the way it cloaks all your fears in a blanket of unease.

The room fills with worries and memories.

The air becomes so thick I can hardly breathe.

Forced to remember, forced to deal with it all while I’m battling the clock for sleep.

I wish the night would keep its brutal honesty, I wish I could hide in the clouds of the day.

I wish, I wish, I wish I didn’t have to face any of it.

But the night makes you face yourself. The night makes you grow.

The night makes you realize the deepest parts of yourself you never dreamed to know.

The night is the hero and the villain all cloaked in one.

The night is what will make you run. 

© 2015 Maskedthoughts


Author's Note

Maskedthoughts
I'm not happy with the ending, I need to write a smoother close out. But this is it so far.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I loved the ending. It was suspenseful to say the least. It's also really like, I don't know, like it makes me think and I can myself in that situation. Loved it.

Posted 8 Years Ago


This is a nice poem and the emotion of the night and what they mean to you. So its expressive and well written. I think the last line as you mentioned was "what will; reading the last line and saying those two words together may be a tongue twister or sorts. But I don't find anything wrong with it.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Maskedthoughts

8 Years Ago

Thanks for the feedback!
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Gee
My favourite time whilst all is fine and dandy,a terrible time if any turmoil in my life.Nice poem Miss thoughts,nice

Posted 9 Years Ago


Maskedthoughts

9 Years Ago

Thank you!
Im working backwards here MT, based on your Authors notes (before I forget lol)
The ending seems fine - the abrupt finish gives the impression that the speaker has indeed split/ran
This is strange for me because recently I found myself reviewing a poem all about the benefits of the night - the anonymity it affords and that but yours is the antithesis if you like of that one and I can see now how this is a difficult time of day for the speaker - the stillness of the night - not even the city hum makes one deal with the Self. The speaker projects the attributes brutal and fear (inducing) onto the night but it is the speaker that is making the brutal self discoveries and creating the fear.

I enjoyed this - its quite deep and very personally resonant.
:)

Posted 9 Years Ago


Maskedthoughts

9 Years Ago

Wow I cannot thank you enough for your continuous kind words! Thank you :)
ANTO

9 Years Ago

Thats enough MT. xD
This was honest and REAL!
I like the battling with the clock part, for sleep. Because its true and SO annoying when you have to be up early the next morning and you cant sleep.
You describe Night Very well.
I enjoyed this read.
Keep writing :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


Maskedthoughts

9 Years Ago

Thank you!
cimmy wuv xxxooo

9 Years Ago

Anytime :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

282 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 10, 2015
Last Updated on February 10, 2015
Tags: fear, night, problems, poem, poetry, thinking, scared

Author

Maskedthoughts
Maskedthoughts

Canada



About
"As a writer if someone falls in love with my work, I know they have fallen in love with my mind. Having no idea what my face looks like, they chose my mind. Art may be the only place a women can hold.. more..

Writing