Requests of my Heart

Requests of my Heart

A Poem by Maskedthoughts

 

My heart is wild and strong. But deep inside the ominous valleys there are rivers of worry and clouds of insecurity. This wild heart of mine is fiercely in love with you, this intensity scares my ever loving heart bringing out those dark valleys and stormy clouds. 

So here are the requests of my heart, the threads that will threaten to pull us apart:


Please be gentle with me; please tell me all the things I’m dying to hear.
Always keep me near; never let me go a day without hearing your laugh.
Whisper sweet nothings to me and let my soul be free.
Scream at the top of your lungs and laugh until you are crying.
Be who you are because I am dying to know every detail about you.
Be true to my resiliently weak heart; accept that flaws that threaten to tear me apart.
Let my heart know how you feel, let me know none of the insecurities are real.
Show me the universe, take me into the galaxies.
Act like every day is the start; show me the beauty of our spark.

Bathe me in the rays of your soul and I will fan you with the winds of mine.


One last request let’s not be smart. Let’s not think lets feel, let’s not push down the thoughts that are so terrifyingly real. Let’s not dodge the dart of our love.

These are the requests of my wild, fiercely loving heart.

© 2015 Maskedthoughts


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Beautifully captured. You have managed to fill this with beauty and wonder, freedom and being in the moment and all the thoughts and wishes they entail.
"One last request let’s not be smart. Let’s not think lets feel, let’s not push down the thoughts that are so terrifyingly real. Let’s not dodge the dart of our love." Absolutely spot on.

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

206 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 19, 2015
Last Updated on March 19, 2015
Tags: heart, poem, poetry, love, insecure, request, scared

Author

Maskedthoughts
Maskedthoughts

Canada



About
"As a writer if someone falls in love with my work, I know they have fallen in love with my mind. Having no idea what my face looks like, they chose my mind. Art may be the only place a women can hold.. more..

Writing