Lesson 1-Where to Start

Lesson 1-Where to Start

A Chapter by Matthew Ian Herrawood W
"

A Short Course on the Basics of Fantasy Writing

"
I made a Writers Café course unfortunately my spelling and grammar was terrible and I had no Edit button that I could find so the Course died. This is its resurrection. Now, In book form, on my profile, my complete course. I will upload a lesson after correcting the original lessons on my personal copy. If you have any questions or would like something clarified just ask me. this way I can help you and make a course correction for others who may be wondering the same thing.

Lesson 1

Where to Start

Ok so you have no idea where to start your writing? well that’s ok, you can stop thinking about what you’re going to write it won’t help. Get something to write with and write down the name of some fantasy books you've read that you like, and then think about what was in them that you liked. For me its books like Raymond E. Feist’s Magician. It has adventure elves, castles, swords, bows, dragons, and of course magic with the type of character you love or you love to hate. Once you have done this you know what is going to be in your story and you know what it’s about. It could be a romantic fantasy, an adventure fantasy, or an action fantasy. Whatever it is you now have the basics. to get some more ideas however you could (obviously) read another fantasy book, or you could watch a fantasy movie. Next you need to decide where you are going to set your story. In our world? or in another world that comes completely from your mind?



© 2017 Matthew Ian Herrawood W


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

The opening makes sense, It is able to draw the writer into think about what you wish for them to think about in order to write you must have some idea about ii? If not you will come up with a dead end instead of a beginning,

Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

123 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on February 18, 2017
Last Updated on February 20, 2017


Author

Matthew Ian Herrawood W
Matthew Ian Herrawood W

A Town, South Australia, Australia



About
A Introduction to my Realm Trilogy About the Author Matthew W is 24 years old (November 1 2016) and lives in South Australia. He has been writing and reading for a long time. Because he was su.. more..

Writing