chapter 11 Battle of the minds

chapter 11 Battle of the minds

A Chapter by Matthew Ian Herrawood W
"

imagine a mind fight so powerful it projects the fight for others to see!!!

"

 

Chapter 11
Battle of the minds
 
He approached cautiously and stoped just inside the protection bubble that did not allow any weapons inside the magician smiled and turned. “I have waited a long time to face you” she said the voice was crisp but firm. Daniel said nothing she smiled. “Shall we.” They locked gazes the magician raised her hands they started shining Dan frowned in concentration suddenly misty representations of Daniel and the magician appeared Dan was wielding two blades while the magician held a double bladed sword. “I like you” the magicians misty self said “scary” Dan replied
“And to think I was going to say no clever replies. You get straight down to business thats good but there’s not even a question of how I know you! Thats bad”
“Fine how do you know me?” Dan asked the Magicians hand removed the hood and when the hand moved back down someone screamed “Lina!” I shouted angrily
“What the hell are you doing here!?” Syriana Screamed. Lina had her sword out and had blood all over her she looked like she was about to be sick “Lina pointed at the magician and screamed again but this time it was an understandable word “you” was all Lina screamed then she through up. The magician’s face lit up like a bonfire at night “Lina how good to see you again ill take you back I think the mistress will be very happy to see you!” Lina screamed in fear and anger but ran at the protection bubble the mist figure rose a hand and Lina was flung back “So the mind figure can speak and kill us” Ryan said “Damn” Lina landed at Syriana’s feet once she was standing again all attention went back to the fight about to take place “her the mist figure said to Dan my name is fellsmy and listen to my master she told me about you Daniel and she told me the day would come when I would kill you like this” she lashed out twirling the double blades she was fast I barley saw them move Dan was being forced back fast he started moving to the left side then I saw what was about to happen but as the thought finished Dan leapt to the right and Fellsmy’s blade struck harmless air instead of cutting Dan clean in half Dan curled into a ball as he landed and somersaulted around behind Fellsmy his blades came down but she twisted and struck his blades away Dan dropped flat on his side and rolled left as one blade scratched his arm “I don’t play with those I kill” she said the blades still going then she started to rise she smiled at Dan’s astounded face “its all in the mind” she said cruelly. Dan then was rising and flying around her then a foot lashed out catching her on the top of the head. Fellsmy fell back down as Dan landed he said “you needed to come back down to earth” then he was backing away from the twirling blade. “You cant live” Fellsmy said unless you can teleport” Dan stopped backing away a smile on his face he disappeared and appeared almost instantly behind Fellsmy he thrust with both swords “its all in the mind” he said bitterly as the real magician started gurgling the mist of fellsmy disappeared and the real magician started bleeding were Dans mind had stabbed the mind of Fellsmy she gave one last gurgle as blood seeped from her mouth then Dan’s body came to life again there was a line of blood on his shirt that was not ripped “the cut she gave me he said simply to us”.
“We didn’t know you could do that,” Amy said.
Dan shrugged “neither did I” he shrugged again “we better clear up the rest of these guy’s” he nodded at the army behind us we turned “Lina take Emily back.
“But…”
“Now!” Lina turned and stalked of with Emily fiercely stabbing her sword at the body of the magician. I turned with the others as we all drew our weapons we had put away the others rushed forward but I walk slowly forward as a man turned to face me. I swung my blade experimentally then brought it up in front of my face then my sword was arching at his throat and blood was spurting from the cut and before he hit the ground blood was fountaining from the next mans throat but still I kept on walking slowly forward swinging side to side then I spun the hilt in my hand so the point faced behind me and thrust backward killing the man behind me suddenly Amy screamed in surprise I turned and saw her hacking at the body of the dead magician I rushed to her side cutting down enemies along the way then I was beside Amy my sword in the magicians stomach the magician gurgled and fell to the ground blood pouring from the mouth and nose like drool the magician coughed once more blood coming forth then died me and Amy turned and there in front of us was the magician intact I swung my sword and dislodged the head but that didn’t work “Daniel!” I screamed, “That magician has the annoying habit of NOT dieing”
“What?” he yelled back “I can’t hear you” I pointed to the, what was now the third, not dead magician. “Damn! Doesn’t she know how to die?” he yelled
“Apparently not! Any suggestions?” I replied
“Stay alive” he suggested “other than that no” I nodded and he moved. Of suddenly one of Amy’s throwing knives flew past my face I turned to my left and saw that it had hit someone that had snuck up on me I turned and saw a man standing behind Amy as she looked at the ground just in front of her suddenly her sword flipped around in her hand point behind she thrust back but stopped before striking and flipped the sword again as she lifted her hand now the blade was going over her shoulder then with a sickening sound the point was driven into the mans face he slumped to the floor as soon as Amy's blade was clear “How…?” she pointed to the ground
“Shadow she said she disappeared and reappeared a few feet away I looked around and saw Ryan hacking at another un-dead magician then I had a thought “Ryan!” I yelled “Fire!” he ducked and rolled to the right taking out the flint he had carried in his pocket then lit a torch he had made using a dirt bomb and a cone filled with dried grass he lit it and then stabbed at the magician with it she lit like a human fire ball then I was fighting weaving complex patterns cutting the lives of those around me short then as one man died he grabbed my shirt I moved to cut of his hand but stoped as I saw the urgency in his eyes “slaves!” he gasped and gestured at the army “Soldiers” he Waved at the distance I looked and saw a black mass moving steadily toward us. I couldn’t believe it my eyes continued to grow as it got bigger and bigger.


© 2010 Matthew Ian Herrawood W


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

347 Views
Added on August 27, 2009
Last Updated on June 1, 2010

Realm 3


Author

Matthew Ian Herrawood W
Matthew Ian Herrawood W

A Town, South Australia, Australia



About
A Introduction to my Realm Trilogy About the Author Matthew W is 24 years old (November 1 2016) and lives in South Australia. He has been writing and reading for a long time. Because he was su.. more..

Writing