The Beginning of Hope: I Am Prime

The Beginning of Hope: I Am Prime

A Story by Matty Bosox
"

Rain doesn't want to believe her so-called father's story...But how else can she take it???

"

(After a very eventful night Prime decided that it was best for he, Rain, and Tyler to go back to Rain's loft which was much bigger and not so....well destroyed...Poor Tyler, always getting the s**t end of the stick...That night Rain and Tyler slept while Prime just stood guard unflinchingly out on the balcony overlooking the city...Early that morning Rain started to stir and found that somebody had snuck into her bed with her..)

Rain: (Looking down and seeing Tyler's hand draped over her and she just smiles...Just then she looks up and jumps from not noticing Prime standing over her) Jesus Christ man!!! You are the creepiest person I have ever met...

Prime: (Looking at Tyler's arm around her and smiling while shaking his head) You crazy kids...

Rain: (Just rubbing her eyes and smiling) Yeah, yeah....We have been best friends forever buddy...Trust me, if I thought he was just trying to cop a feel or get laid he wouldn't even be in this room...(Slapping Tyler in the head)

Tyler: (Just rubbing his head, all groggy as he slowly opens his eyes) What the hell woman?!?! (Noticing he has his arm wrapped around her and jumping up in shock) Ok I'm up!!! (Rain just looking at him with a smile) I was trying to keep you...ya know...um...comfort...(Rain still just staring at him with a smile) Yeah, shut up Tyler...Ok..(Looking at Prime and jumping back) Holy s**t man!! I didn't even notice you there!!

Rain: (Smiling and agreeing with a nod) I know right...He is like a ninja super spy....guy...(Shrugging her shoulders as she smiles at Prime who just stares at her with a serious look)

Prime: Alright kiddies, its time to get up and talk about the activities of last night...

Rain: (Jumping up out of bed and noticing she is in her underwear and quickly covering up..Looking at Tyler in anger) You are a typical guy...I'm gonna dust these underwear for fingerprints a*****e!!!

Tyler: (Shrugging his shoulders with a smile) I didn't touch, scouts honor...

Prime: (Snapping his fingers in anger) Alright kiddies, lets go, lets go!!! We have alot to go over today young lady!! (Looking at Tyler and grabbing him by the neck) And you...Lets go....

Rain: (Walking into her bathroom with a pile of clothes to change into) Yeah...Get out of my room a*****e!!!

Tyler: (As he gets pulled out of her room, nudging Prime on the arm) Did you see that a*s?!?!

Prime: (Looking at Tyler as he drags him out of Rain's room and rolling his eyes) There is something that I think you should know little man...(Pushing him violently onto the couch in the living room area) I remember you little Tyler Tulip Toes...(laughing at him)

Tyler: (Looking at Prime in shock) Hey man!! Whats the big deal with the pushing!! I am sick of you people pushing me around...I still have a head.....ache...from....(Prime just looking at him and smiling) Wait!!! How did you know about that name?!?!

Prime: The same reason I didn't kick your a*s for trying to sleep with my daughter last night...I know you guys are best friends...

Tyler: Yeah...And how do you know that??? Wait....Daughter?!?! Rain was telling me something about that but I thought she was talking crazy the whole night!!! Mr. Barnaby??? (Looking into his eyes in shock)

Prime: (Pushing his face away) Brush your teeth kid....And yes....Well...Actually I haven't been called that in years...

Rain: (After listening in from the midst of the hallway and walking slowly into the living area in jogging pants and a hoodie) First of all....(As they both look back and see Rain standing over them) you!!! (Slapping Tyler hard in the back of the head)

Tyler: (Grabbing his head) Hey!!! My brain is fragile right now!!!

Rain: (Pointing at Prime) And you!!! Start explaining everything!! And I do mean everything!!! Starting with these stupid wings in my back!!

Prime: (Patting on the cushion next to him) Take a seat and let me start from the beginning and what was the hardest part for me...

Rain: (Shaking her head in anger as she crosses her arms and paces the room) No No!!!! I don't wanna hear about the sob story again I just wanna know what you really are, what those people were, and more importantly what I am....

Prime: (Pointing his finger in anger down at the cusion) Take a seat young lady!!!

Rain: (just stopping in her tracks with a shocked look between she and Tyler as she sits down) Alright...I'm sitting down...

Prime: First of all..(Lightly smacking her cheek to get her attention) Hey!!! Look at me when I'm talking to you!!! This is important!!

Rain: (Shrugging her shoulders as she looks into his eyes) Alright...I'm all attention!!!

Prime: A long time ago there was an enormous joining of some of the greatest....Well nevermind..(As Rain just looks at him like she doesn't care) Lets just make a long story short...Angels like me were assigned to patrol earth along with several others like me...There were rules that we had to follow....Several of us, including me, broke the most important of these rules after several millenia of keeping the balance of existence from falling into the darkness...

Tyler: Wait....The darkness??? Several millenia??? What the hell are you talking about??

Prime: (Just staring at Tyler with an angry stare) Can I finish now???

Tyler: (Throwing his arms up) Sorry...Geez...

Rain: So you were talking about the rule you broke....

Prime: Mankind was never to know of our exsistence as more than just that...another man....We shattered that seal when some of us found out that being lonely isn't just a feeling of humanity...

Rain: (Waving her hand for him to get to the point) Come on...come on!!!

Prime: Did you ever hear of the word patience young lady???? Ok so a long story even shorter...I met your mother...She was soo beautiful....(Rain just looks down as her eyes start to water...Prime slowly lifts her chin) You have her eyes...

Rain: (Standing up and pushing his hand away as she wipes the tears out of her eyes) So your telling me that my mother had an intimate relationship with an angel and now I am like...(Shrugging her shoulders in frustration and disbelief) what?!?! Half and half?!?!

Prime: (Standing up and trying to reach for her to calm her down as she pushes him away) You have to listen to me Rain!!!

Tyler: (As she storms into her room Tyler gives chase) Rain!?!? (She slams the door in his face and he lays his face against the door in frustration) Rain!! Listen hun...I don't believe it myself...It just sounds crazy and off the wall and just like lunacy...(Putting his hands on his hips in frustration as he tries to talk to her through the door) But when you see what I saw last night....Rain....(Laughing to himself) If i was heavy into shrooms or acid I would say last night was just a complete farse...But I mean....(As Rain just lay in her bed looking up at the cieling as tears stream down her face...Turning her head and seeing a picture of she and Jason) You just....That stuff you told me yesterday...I thought you were just talking out of your a*s...I mean (Laughing again) it sounded like a completely crazy person...I guess if somebody were to ask me I would have to say the classic "You have to see it to believe it"

Rain: (Just staring at the picture and holding it tight to her chest) I miss you sooo much baby....(Bursting into tears) I need your help soo much right now...

Prime: (Grabbing Tyler by the shoulder) Lets just give her some time to herself for right now....She needs to be alone son....

Tyler: (Pulling away from him in anger and pointing a finger in his face) You better be telling her the truth....

© 2012 Matty Bosox


Author's Note

Matty Bosox
Another short chapter.....I hope you guys enjoy it...;o)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

i just love screenplays. it really gives you a very detailed scene with its stage directions plus the dialogues. again, you hooked me into this. i'm dying now for the next chapter. i'm now even more curious to this Prime character. who is he? what does he do as an angel? is he good or bad? and why did he leave his family? uunggh! just a little tip to the scale now and i would be obssessed with this story. it's really great, believe me. great job again, Matty Bosox. i love this so much!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Matty Bosox

11 Years Ago

Thank you so much Goth....You know what I love...You guys supporting me and this write...If it weren.. read more



Reviews

I am enjoying it very much and always look forward to reading more! I love these characters!

Posted 11 Years Ago


i just love screenplays. it really gives you a very detailed scene with its stage directions plus the dialogues. again, you hooked me into this. i'm dying now for the next chapter. i'm now even more curious to this Prime character. who is he? what does he do as an angel? is he good or bad? and why did he leave his family? uunggh! just a little tip to the scale now and i would be obssessed with this story. it's really great, believe me. great job again, Matty Bosox. i love this so much!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Matty Bosox

11 Years Ago

Thank you so much Goth....You know what I love...You guys supporting me and this write...If it weren.. read more
Wow man, I'm impressed. I usually don't like reading chapters of storys for the simple daunting task it is, but I really enjoyed this read. You tell it with such intensity that it kept my attentinon.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Matty Bosox

11 Years Ago

Thanks Cole...I appreciate it...This is the last part I wrote of this particular story...There are s.. read more
Okay first things first i assume this is written as a screen play.
The presentation of it makes it very difficult to read consider using italics and spacing to differentiate between certain things to make it much clearer.

Also even if amongst a stage direction, each person's speech starts on a fresh line. But all these are merely presentation points im about half way down the page and i can see nothing of great flaw to your story which is always lovely.

I like you characters, i always find i have trouble in screen plays connecting with the writers characters due to it not having the staunchy description that litters books and storys but you have managed to within the first few lines draw me into there story and there tale with eager eyes.

Im not sure if its in his character to be a little repetitive but when Prime is explaining to rain about what is going on it gets a little painful to read and me over and over again. Assuming the assumption will be made after he has said it the first time that he is also there , as otherwise he would be unlikely to know what was occuring.

Very heartwrenching, i realise now this is merely a fragment of a tale, but even on its own it is standing very well on its own two feet. Im exciting and im intreged. I want to hear more, i want to know the secrets, i want to know what happened might have to snoop around for the rest of this story.

Can i suggest you put them all together in chapter parts?

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Matty Bosox

11 Years Ago

I am way more of a reviewer on this site than anything..People always come to me for advice and a so.. read more
Ama May Cooper

11 Years Ago

I hate to tell you that ive had previous issues when it comes to screen play formatting if you paste.. read more
Matty Bosox

11 Years Ago

Yeah that sucks horribly
en extremely emotional write that had me hooked from the start, i really enjoyed it, satisfying in itself, but still enough to make you crave more. :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Matty Bosox

11 Years Ago

Thanks Ivy....There are other parts before this one...I would say 6-7 parts before this one...The mi.. read more
Poison Ivy

11 Years Ago

no prob, i like reading, so i have no problem reading backwards haha! good book though so far
this is getting better and better ....need more

Posted 11 Years Ago


Matty Bosox

11 Years Ago

Thank you Afra....But ya know...Um..no offense...but you are one thousand times a better writer than.. read more
afra

11 Years Ago

i know i am really bad at reviewing..lol..sorry

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

433 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on August 15, 2012
Last Updated on August 15, 2012
Tags: The Beginning of Hope

Author

Matty Bosox
Matty Bosox

Wyoming, PA



About
My name is Matt, I live in eastern Pennsylvania....I have been working on the same writing project for the past ten years....Everybody loves it...I have also been trying to get it out there to the pub.. more..

Writing