Ready to Feel the Air

Ready to Feel the Air

A Chapter by Matty Bosox
"

The kids day has come for their rise to the surface

"

(Meanwhile, Roberts and Mansfield meet up in a secret room to discuss the next step forward for the project..)

Mansfield: (Saluting Roberts with a big smile as he walks in the room and he just drops his head and laughs) What?? I never thought this moment could've happened...but I have to hand it to ya General...You have them molded perfectly...

Roberts: (Laughing even more as he sits down and looks up at the ceiling in frustration) Tell me that you really aren't that nieve...You just can't be this stupid...

Mansfield: I don't understand you General..

Roberts: (Laughing) Maybe you are that stupid...

Mansfield: Everything has gone...

Roberts: You are just denying the inevidable...These kids will never be prepared for what is up there....(Standing up in frustration) You cannot take away human nature!!! They are gonna get angry, they are gonna feel jealousy, rage, envy, lust..every deadly sin you can f*****g imagine is going to fall right on top of their heads!!!

Mansfield: Listen...I understand what your talking about....But you did your best to prepare them for whats coming...Thats all I asked...If they fail its on me not you...As far as Daniels goes...

Roberts: (Slamming his fist against the wall in anger) F**k Daniels!!! I don't give a s**t about him or you for that matter!! I care about those poor kids down there!!! Yes thats right, even the hardest of the hard can break....(Grabbing Mansfield by the back of the neck and pulling her close) And trust me when I say....if something happens to them and they get hurt due to your little project...mark it a gaurantee that I will f*****g kill you...(Pushing her away)

Mansfield: Ya know General, maybe you forget that I've been there done that...You think your special...You want a goddamn humanitarian medal!?!? I know how it feels already!!! (Her eyes start to water as she falls back into a seat)

Roberts: (Looking at her with guilt in his eyes) Ok...I was a little off base...sorry...(Looking behind Mansfield at two cases on the ground) What is this?? More gifts from our great trustees??

Mansfield: (Turning around and kicking open the cases) The best money can buy...(Pulling a black suit up out of one of the cases and tossing it at Roberts)

Roberts: (Catching it and stepping back) Wow, thats heavier then I would've expected...(Rubbing the material) What is this?? Its not kevlar..I can tell that...

Mansfield: (Laughing) Kevlar?? Ha!! No...this is the stuff the bomb stompers use out in the field these days...

Roberts: Pylar?? Seems a little too thin for that...

Mansfield: Try a pylar carbon-fiber base, compressed four times over...

Roberts: No s**t?!?!

Mansfield: Took three years for the procedure to finally take...But they are perfect..Let me tell you about the special features...Each one is sized to match each subject perfect...Flexible, heavy to carry but once your wearing it and the suit expands, well ya might as well be running around naked....The belt comes equiped with two movable .50 cal holsters so they can move them were they feel comfortable drawing....

Roberts: (Looking the suit up and down) What about the swords??

Mansfield: Hard to see right?? We call them saber slots...I believe that one your holding is Mason's...Check down by the right hip...We customized the position of the slot according to the subject's style...Winter and Summer have theirs' up on the back...

Roberts: Well I must say, for something that my kids don't even need your geeks definitly did the perfect job...

Mansfield: Just trying to protect my investment as well as I can...So enough of this chit-chat...They have very important people up there waiting to see some action..

Roberts: Yeah...They are as ready as can be expected...Just remember something Charlie's angel....Imagine if you will, never, ever seeing the light of day, feeling the warmth of the sun, the wind on your face, the grass beneath your feet, all that open air....How would your nerves be feeling??

Mansfield: (Knodding her head in agreement as she enters the elevator heading back up) Just get them dressed for the ball General....

(The six get geared up in their new suits and get themselves ready...Mason slowly rubbing a finger across the side of his blade as he flips it quickly in his hand and sheaths it at his hip...Winter sits with her forearms rested on her thighs as she stares at the barrel on each of her specialized shiny chrome .50 cal desert eagles...Roberts walks in and signals them to follow him...They all get into the elevator....Summer looking over at Mason as he leans against the side of the elevator and smiles at her....Faze jumping in place to try and calm his nerves..)

Roberts: (Looking at all of them) Alright kiddies...This is it..(The door starts to open) Its gonna take your eyes a minute to get used to the daylight so don't be scared about that...

(The door opens all the way as the sun bursts in and they all shield their eyes as they slowly start walking outside...)

Sage: (Squinting as he walks out and looks down at the grass...Slowly kneeling down and rubbing his fingers through it) Wow...this is pretty awesome guys...

Arayna: (Looking up at the blue sky) So beautiful....

Mason: (Still on the elevator helping Summer as she can't move from fear) Hey, (Holding out his hand) take my hand...I'm not going out there without you Summer..

Summer: (Taking a deep breath and grabbing Mason's hand as they both walk out...She closes her eyes and all her fears go away as she feels a gentle breeze run across her face) Wow...This is incredible...

Winter: (Just walking confidently, looking around like it was nothing) Yeah...great...Ok, so when do we get to work...

(Roberts leads the six as they walk up onto a platform surrounded by a select group of very important people who helped fund the project from all over the world....The six just look around at everybody with a blank expression)

Roberts: (Grabbing a microphone off the ground and checking it) Hey...ok..this thing is on...Welcome, my name is General David Roberts, and today you are going to see first hand what the Gaurdian Angel Project is capable of...Behind me are the six most deadly weapons to ever be created...(Mansfield looks on with the rest of the audience with a confident smile as she claps along with the crowd)

Winter: (Shrugging her shoulders) What the hell are they clapping about???

Sage: They love us...(Winter just looks at Sage and shakes her head)

Roberts: (Continuing to read off cards Mansfield wrote for him) Forget the Atom bomb, forget the most dangerous jets, tanks, or missles...These six individuals are going to revolutionize the word weapon...(Everybody starts clapping as Roberts covers the mic and looks at his students) These people are true jackasses...Stay away...(Talking back into the microphone) So without further adu let me present to you the marvels and deadly talents of these six warriors...



© 2012 Matty Bosox


Author's Note

Matty Bosox
Rough Copy

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Mia
I'm hot and cold when it comes to Roberts. One moment I think he's an a*s and then the next I think he is just the sweetest. I think the same thing applies to him as it does the kids. Even though he is supposed to be a hard a*s...he can't help but have 'human' moments. I think that’s clever on your part because it makes it more believable and relatable which isn’t the easiest thing to do in this genre. Are the kids...a family? Not biologically but I mean do they consider themselves to be a family or can I look forward to a romance?! Mason and Summer...just saying:)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Matty Bosox

11 Years Ago

HaHa!!! I love your questions Mia..They are almost as great as your writing...You are the type of p.. read more



Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Mia
I'm hot and cold when it comes to Roberts. One moment I think he's an a*s and then the next I think he is just the sweetest. I think the same thing applies to him as it does the kids. Even though he is supposed to be a hard a*s...he can't help but have 'human' moments. I think that’s clever on your part because it makes it more believable and relatable which isn’t the easiest thing to do in this genre. Are the kids...a family? Not biologically but I mean do they consider themselves to be a family or can I look forward to a romance?! Mason and Summer...just saying:)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Matty Bosox

11 Years Ago

HaHa!!! I love your questions Mia..They are almost as great as your writing...You are the type of p.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

279 Views
1 Review
Added on October 6, 2012
Last Updated on October 6, 2012
Tags: Gaurdian Angel Project


Author

Matty Bosox
Matty Bosox

Wyoming, PA



About
My name is Matt, I live in eastern Pennsylvania....I have been working on the same writing project for the past ten years....Everybody loves it...I have also been trying to get it out there to the pub.. more..

Writing