The Demise of Fear

The Demise of Fear

A Poem by MIngram

We find ourselves the most when in the thick of dismay, absent of solace, and on the precipice of insanity. It is within these times that our conscious speaks without echo and static, connecting the gap between mind and soul; we think without pretense, and the far away light at the end of the tunnel shines as a blatant reminder of our own humanity. However, it is also during these times that we are reminded that there is darkness darker than the depths of time; an unforgiving blackness creeping behind us at all times, and although not always apparent, we all know it is there. The CEO plagued by avarice, the loner with too much humility, the old man sitting at the corner bus-stop; they all will have their darkest day eventually. However, One day, we will come to terms with ourselves and realize that we are human, and the darkness will be embraced upon us, but will fail to penetrate our boldness. When we realize how much we have to live for, we will fear nothing. We will invite the darkness and live righteously; we will parade and triumph knowing that we have found ourselves. With open hands we will invite all who wish to live beautifully. Then, knowing happiness, we will live. 

© 2011 MIngram


Author's Note

MIngram
Don't fear the darkness, we find ourselves the most within.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

306 Views
Added on July 27, 2011
Last Updated on July 28, 2011
Tags: Death, Life, Fear, Darkness, Bold, Time, Continuous, Creeping, Blackness

Author

MIngram
MIngram

GA



Writing
Truth Truth

A Poem by MIngram


A Tradgedy A Tradgedy

A Poem by MIngram