Around the Corner

Around the Corner

A Chapter by Maybe Lina
"

Lilian kept her promise and met the bandit as she said, and the tour around the kingdom begun.

"

The next day Drake went to the market and stood in the same corner as he did in the past few weeks and waited. There were no high class people in the streets and the doors to the castle were closed after the ball last night. He sat there, sighing heavily and throwing some rocks in a barrel near by. People passed him and it was past the time she would come around here. He stood up, stretching his arms in the air and yawning with a sigh in the end. He fixed his mask and turned around so he would go and bumped into a small figure covered in a cloak, “..Watch where you’re going…” He said and the figure crossed it’s arms and looked up at him. The cloak’s shadow was hiding the face under it but when it looked up the light made it clear that it was Lilian. He blushed and looked away from here, way to greet her… He thought as he glanced back at her, he expected her to yell at him or just walk away. Instead, she giggled and smiled.


“Good afternoon~” She spoke softly and bowed to him, he bowed back a bit nervously, not really used to bowing in his daily life. She looked back up at him an lifted his mask up, her golden eyes stared at his blue ones before her lips formed a warm smile that made him grin back instantly. She giggled again and he blushed slightly.


“What’s so funny?” He asked, trying so hard not to laugh as well.


“You act like a child.”


With that he blushed more and looked away from her face, not knowing how to respond. She looked at him and stopped giggling, trying to make him look back at her. He turned to her moments later and was held in her gaze yet another time. “…Why are you here?” He thought it was stupid to ask but he had to.


“Why, someone asked me when would he see me again and I told him I’ll meet him around the corner…”


“You said around the corner as in literally around the corner?” He found the use of words was a bit tricky but he guessed it was just a coincident. “…I’m glad you made it…I mean I hope you didn’t have trouble coming here!” He blushed yet again, making her giggle once more.


“There was no trouble, I have always wanted to sneak out of the house. And thanks to last night, I felt more confident.” With that, she started looking around and smiled. “I have never been here before, without my maids and guards, I mean..” She seemed as if she was observing everything around her for the first time, she even started looking at the people who gave her unfriendly looks.


“Sneak ou-..” He pulled her back into the shadow and looked at her, trying to avoid her eyes this time. “…You’ll go back to the castle right now, they’ll send guards after you..” He held her by the wrist and started walking, “I’ll get you in..”


“N-no! I want to stay here for a while, I’ve never been out of the castle by myself!” She yelled and he covered her mouth so no one would hear her.


He glanced around, making sure no one did hear, when he did, he turned to her. “ARE YOU AN IDIOT? IF ANYONE KNEW YO-..” He cleared his throat and continued. “…If anyone knew you’re from an upper class family they would kidnap you. You wouldn’t want that, wouldn’t you?” She nodded and he took his hand off. “..Sorry, I just don’t want you to get hurt because of me like the rest…”


Lilian stared at him and pouted before looking down, “I’m sorry…I just thought I can go around the kingdom and see it by myself…” He blushed again from the face she was making.


“Uhh…It’s…Can you stop it with that face? I’ll take you around if you do…” When he said that she grinned and tackled him, making him almost fall. He blushed harder and moved his hands away from her body, not wanting to seem perverted.


She smiled and kissed his cheek again, “thank you so much! You’re the sweetest man I’ve ever met!” She was warping her arms around his neck and looking at him before she was cut of by the laughter of people around them. Drake kept blushing and looked away from them, his reputation as a hard, emotionless guy wouldn’t last a minute if she kept acting like this. Lilian slowly lat go and stood on her feet, a faint pink crossed her cheeks as she smiled warmly at the blue eyed man. “I’m really glad to be your friend…”


Now his face had mixed emotions, friend? Should I be glad for being considered one by a person like her or should I feel upset because she doesn’t see me like I see her… He looked down for a while before sighing and looking back at her with a half smile. “I’m lucky to have you as a friend, too…” He said it emotionlessly as he held her by the wrist gently and started walking with her. She looked at his hand that was holding hers then up at his face.


“Where are we going?”


He grinned brightly, putting down his mask before going faster, “if you want me to show you some of the kingdom before they find out you’re not in the castle we must start now~”


His words made her brighten up and start walking faster, in the end it was her dragging him around the kingdom and asking about everything. He took her to the market place, with it’s light, friendly mood and people. She would stop on each shop, big or small, and look at what they sell. She was amused by the fact that most of the stuff sold here were homemade or homegrown. Her eyes were sparkling with wonder and her questions never ended. She would ask what this is and end up asking about the shop owners life and needs. It wasn’t annoying, it was somehow sweet from her to ask. Drake’s feelings about her have only grew more and he was finding himself falling hard for her. It was troublesome like he said before but he thought, no, knew that it was worth it. Her smile made him feel warmth again and just looking at her enjoying and having fun made him see how much she grew on him. As he watched her move and talk he grinned without thinking and felt warm feelings flowing through him, she was like a child in so many ways, yet she’s a grown woman who could win any man with a smile and make him do as she please. And even though he hated being controlled, he wouldn’t mind if it was her.



© 2016 Maybe Lina


Author's Note

Maybe Lina
Another chapter u3u

I seriously have nothing to say, same old stuff, tell me if there's a mistake, character Drake is not mine, blah, blah, blah...

Also read it here http://akuma-drabbles.tumblr.com/post/67617076302/forbidden-lily-and-drake-au-chapter-5

Hope you liked it~

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

431 Views
Added on November 21, 2013
Last Updated on October 24, 2016
Tags: Lilian Akuma, Drake Martinez, Chapter 5, Forbidden, Romance, Story, AU


Author

Maybe Lina
Maybe Lina

About
I love to write and share stories I make. I'm a big dork for lovey-dovey couples, cheesiness, cliche. but most of all, blood, death, drama and making my favorite characters suffer o3o I'll write a.. more..

Writing
BlackOut BlackOut

A Book by Maybe Lina


Blur Blur

A Chapter by Maybe Lina