Trust Me or Not

Trust Me or Not

A Chapter by Maybe Lina
"

Chapter 10...yeah, that's it...

"

     The tall blond man, Noxious, stood up and looked at the bandit who seemed terrified and terrifying in the same time. He placed his hood back and smiled a little, " Don't worry, I'm here to ask and talk man to man, not to send you to the dungeon." He walked closer to the other man and placed a hand on his shoulder. "How about we go somewhere privet to talk, you can choose if you like."


Drake blinked in shock at how at ease this man was, was he being nice or is he mocking him and leading him to a near death? He had no choice now, the other man might have servant watching or he could have another dagger hidden under his long cloak. The bandit sighed and nodded slowly, "how about we go to my place? It's not that far from here."


Noxious nodded and smiled, "I know, but lead the way if you don't mind." Drake nodded again and walked ahead of him, a bit suspicious at the request. Either way, he got out a dagger from his belt and hid it in his sleeve, just in case the blond fellow wasn't as friendly as he act.


The two walked, few feet apart on the same base in the dark streets of the kingdom, no one seemed to find a need to have a conversation or try to ask questions. In few minutes, the bandit jumped down a sewer hole opened on a side of some old building that seemed abandoned for years and looked up at the other man. "I hope the smell won't bother you, your majesty." He said with a mocking smile.


"Don't worry," The blond man said before jumping down after the bandit. "Even the greatest of us have to sacrifice sometimes.... Even our sense of smell." With that the bandit rolled his eyes a little and walked ahead again. "But you know, it's not a very nice to know you don't trust me that much to have a knife ready in your sleeve."


The bandit looked back for a second than continued walking, "habits die hard, your highness. Even though I'm not the only one having a knife in my sleeve, am I now?"


The blond laughed and walked in a faster base to be side by side with the bandit while holding his knife in hand. "Only the fool would walk unarmed, am I correct, Drake?"


How did he...? The bandit looked at the other man with suspicious eyes, the way he sued his name was so casual, as if he have used it before a hundred times. the look the bandit was making made the blond laugh.


"Forgive me, I tried to not use your name but it slipped. Lilian told me so much about you that I had to bite my tongue to not say it." He smiled and patted Drake's shoulder, "and call me Nox, no need for the formality between friends."


Okay, what's with this family and the easy use of the word friends? Aren't rich people supposed to be the once looking down at you with their big noses? It didn't take them much more before they reached his house. His grandmother was in the living room, or whatever this one would be called, only two chairs and a small, old table that were made by his late grandfather years ago when he built the house.


Nana looked at the two walking in and smiled, the man was telling the truth, and Drake seem in a less worst of a mood. "Would you like me to make you something to drink or eat, your highness?"


Nox looked at her and smiled, "no, thank you. I'm only here to talk. Maybe next time, ma'am." He then looked at Drake. "Do you want to talk here or-" He glanced at the grandmother who's sitting on a chair reading a book.


"My room would be better... Right this way..." He opened a door to a small room with a bed filling almost half of it, next to it was a small table with an oil lamp on it and a chair on the corner. Nox walked after the brunet bandit. closing the door before standing near the chair.


"May I?" He asked and the bandit blinked.


"What?" Noxious stared for a moment then looked at the chair. "Oh, sure, go ahead, your hi- Nox..." The situation was awkward for Drake and the different in ranks made it worst. How long have it been since he talked to someone for a reason other then his on benefit? An image of Lilian flew across his mind and it pained him, not time for emotions, let's finish this then deal with the outcome... "So...What is it you need to talk to me about?" He said to stop his train of thoughts.


Noxious sat down on the chair and looked at Drake, "truthfully, I came here as a messenger, in a way..." He sighed and stayed quiet for a moment. "But to tell you what I came for, I should tell you exactly the damage you've did a month ago..."


Drake's eyes widened before his expression darkened, he clenched his fist and stared at the blond man in front of him.


"Of course," Noxious said. "If you wish not to hear anything, I will leave and those few minutes we spent together will be as they never happen. With no harm to you or your grandmother. And that's a promise."


The bandit looked away from Noxious with no change of expression, "Make it short."


Nox nodded before he told Drake everything that happened in the last month...



© 2014 Maybe Lina


Author's Note

Maybe Lina
...Three-ish weeks of no new chapter...Sorry to whoever cared or waited for a new one.

Anyways, a note for the two next chapters, they'll be a flash back of Noxious (Nox)'s point of view so don't be confused.

I now have to work on the chapter after those two because I didn't started it. So be prepared for anything and everything!

Drake Martinez and Nana are NOT mine, they are my friend's characters. You could find here in this blog http://tomomipandarose.tumblr.com/ (different blog cuz this is her personal)
Also, you can read it here http://akuma-drabbles.tumblr.com/post/74061344211/forbidden-lily-and-drake-au-chapter-10

Hope you like it and remember, any mistake in grammar or spelling and you yell at me for it because I want you to.

Enjoy~

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is interesting, and I like the choice of name (Nox just sounds pretty awesome). I feel like it could use a bit of polish in sentence structure, but it's really not that bad, so that's up to you. I might actually go and read some more of this.

All in all, nice job!

Posted 10 Years Ago


RobertLA

10 Years Ago

Sorry, you don't sound dumb at all, I should have just explained a bit more.

Things li.. read more
Maybe Lina

10 Years Ago

So, example is, instead of writing what they thought I should explain the feeling in narrating way? .. read more
RobertLA

10 Years Ago

All good! I'm glad to help if I can, and I'm glad you're writing so well and consistently.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

404 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on January 21, 2014
Last Updated on January 21, 2014
Tags: Forbidden, Drake Martinez, Noxious Akuma, AUish, story, chapter 10


Author

Maybe Lina
Maybe Lina

About
I love to write and share stories I make. I'm a big dork for lovey-dovey couples, cheesiness, cliche. but most of all, blood, death, drama and making my favorite characters suffer o3o I'll write a.. more..

Writing
BlackOut BlackOut

A Book by Maybe Lina


Blur Blur

A Chapter by Maybe Lina