Trouble

Trouble

A Chapter by Maybe Lina
"

Chapter 17

"

     "Isn't it time for you to go back?" the bandit asked Lilian who was sitting up and braiding her hair. She turned to him and smiled.

 

"Not yet," she replied, "and I'm not staying in the house for tonight."

 

"Oh?" The bandit's face became serious as he tried to push bad thoughts off his mind.

 

Lilian giggled and placed some flowers in her braided hair. "Well... The care house was ready today, so I'll stay there tonight with the kids... I promised them that." She smiled and laid down near him with her hand reaching for his to hold.

 

He held her hand and smiled as well, "The place for the children? I thought it's an orphanage?"

 

The lady shook her head and smiled, "we liked the name care house. Not all of the kids who're going to stay there are orphans, we actually planned for it to be a school for the kids in the kingdom, it will be also a fun play place for all!" she smiled more and looked up at Drake who was staring at her and smiling as well.

 

"I remember the first time I saw you, the time when you met those two kids on the street... You talked about doing something and asking a favor of your uncle?"

 

"You mean Tommy and Emma? Well, yes..." she looked down and held his hand tighter. "Yes, on that night I asked my uncle for it and... I had to do a favor..."

 

Drake smiled and tilted his head, "what was it?" he asked.

 

Lilian sat up and looked at the grass underneath her feet. "You can probably guess it..."

 

The bandit thought for a moment and then sighed, "I can't." He sat up and looked at her, "was it a bad thing?" His eyes were filled with concern now. "Lilian...? Tell me, please."

 

She sighed and looked at him, "do you remember the day after we met? Did anything big happen?"

 

The bandit looked away, trying to hide a blush before forming, the only thing he recalled was how he felt when he saw her that day and he didn't want to admit that. He looked back at her a moment later and tries to think, what happened that day? ...I went there and I sat... There were a lot of people and... Everything clicked in his mind at once, how her cousin had a lover, how he seemed alright with her to be with him and how on that day there was a royal poster of a royal engagement.

 

His eyes shot to her face and his hand pulled away from her. Of course, how could I forget the biggest problem in our way... "You're going to be married soon."

 

"N-Not soon!" She blushed and looked down, "in a year or two... But, not now." She looked at him and smiled a bit. "It means nothing to me, though... It's just a thing for show or something for the family name's sake..." Her face hardened when she said that, it seemed like she was thinking something over.

 

Drake kept quiet and looked up at the night sky, he reached for her hand again and held it up to his lips, making it easier for him to place a kiss on the top of it. Lilian smiled and leaned on his shoulder.

 

"I don't care about the future, not the problems we're going to go through or the people..." she looked at him and placed a peck on his cheek.” Not now, at least. I want to enjoy this... Being near you and knowing you share the feelings I have." She blushed and closed her eyes. "I love you, and that's all that matter now."

 

The bandit chuckled and leaned his head on her ‘s and smiled, he enjoyed the closeness and the quietness. They stayed like this for few minutes, until the bandit's stomach announced its need for food.

 

Lilian's eyes opened and turned to see him blushing from embarrassment, she giggled softly and let go of his hand, reaching for her bag that she brought along.

 

"Is something wrong?" Drake asked as he peeked at her from behind, he saw her pulling a small box from there and he blinked at her. "What is it?"

 

She smiled and sat back near him, placing the box down between them and opening it, revealing it to be a lunchbox filled with rice, meat and a bit of salad. She turned to him and grinned. "I brought this for lunch but I forgot, so it shall be dinner."

 

"You brought this for me?" he couldn't help but smile from how adorable it is for her to do such thing.

 

"I'll be eating a bite or two, but I'm not that hungry." she got out some silver wear and gave him one from each kind.

 

The two sat together silently and ate their dinner, Lilian was full after few bites and she watched Drake eat. His expression was a lot like one of a child eating sweets and she giggled quietly at him. He was done minutes after and then he laid on his back feeling stuffed for the first time since a very long time.

 

"Ahh... I am so full!" He stretched and turned to lie on his stomach, "thank you for the meal... And sorry for finishing it on you, you only ate three bites." He looked at her and raised an eyebrow, "Are you sick?"

 

"No, I just have a very small stomach. Besides, I ate five bites, that’s more than enough for me."

 

The bandit looked at her for a moment then closed his eyes, "I wish if the people here were the same. Then hunger wouldn't be an issue..." He sighed then sat up and turned to her. “Do you want me to walk you to the Orphanage?"

 

Lilian pouted, "It’s a care house... Orphanage is a sad word for some kids and we try not to say it..." she looked down and wrapped her arms around her legs. "I would know..."

 

Drake looked at her and hugged her from the side, "I understand... Sorry." He placed a kiss on her forehead and smiled, "I know how it feels like as well..." He smiled and pulled her up to stand with him. "Come on, let's take you to the care house before they send a search party after you."

 

She held his hand and smiled, "Alright, I'll lead the way."

 

They walked together into the almost empty streets and kept quiet, Lilian was few feet in front of Drake so that it wouldn’t make people look their way. He tried to not go exactly behind her so that it also wouldn't look like he was stalking her.

 

She reached the care house and turned to him to wave, "goodnight." She whispered and smiled. "Tomorrow at three?"

 

He nodded and walked ahead for few feet and grinned at himself, he felt quite happy and as if a large weight was lifted off his chest. Those three words were once the reason he was in pain and now they were what he replayed in his mind over and over.

 

"Drake!" The bandit stopped and turned to see Lilian running to him with something wrapped in her arms with her cloak, for a moment he thought she was coming to kiss him and it made him smile.

 

And it faded in a second later when he noticed her face, it was pale with fear all over it. He ran to her and placed his hands on her shoulders.

 

"What is it?!" He shook her body and stared at her eyes that were almost watery.

 

She looked at him than down, making him notice the small body she's carrying. It was one of the kids he saw her with the other day. Her body was all covered except for her face that was covered in sweat and looked red with fever.

 

"I- I need someone to take a look at her... The family doctor is out of town and if no one look at her..." She teared up and hugged the little girl's body. "I don't want her to be in pain... Please..."

 

The bandit looked at the girl and then at his lady, "I know someone who could help..." With that he carried the girl and held Lilian's hand before running with her until they reached his small house and opened the door.

 

"Nana! We need help!"

 

Lilian's eyes looked around the small house as they stopped at a door that opened. An old woman leaning on a cane walked out and smiled at her before looking at Drake.

 

"I know," she smiled and walked back into the room. "Bring her here, I'll take a look at her."



© 2014 Maybe Lina


Author's Note

Maybe Lina

You can find this on Akuma-Drabbles on tumblr.

If you see a mistake tell me~

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

356 Views
Added on November 17, 2014
Last Updated on November 20, 2014
Tags: Forbidden, Lilian Akuma, Drake Martinez, Natalia Martinez, Romance, Story, Chapter 17, AUish


Author

Maybe Lina
Maybe Lina

About
I love to write and share stories I make. I'm a big dork for lovey-dovey couples, cheesiness, cliche. but most of all, blood, death, drama and making my favorite characters suffer o3o I'll write a.. more..

Writing
BlackOut BlackOut

A Book by Maybe Lina


Blur Blur

A Chapter by Maybe Lina