Alone

Alone

A Poem by Tamika Finley

Nov. 27 2015
9:18 AM
Do you feel the same that you did two days ago? If so, why do I feel so alone?
I don't feel the love anymore. Do you love me anymore?
It took a while for you to get me where you wanted.
But, is that all you wanted? To get me where you wanted?
Should I go back to where I started? Alone and cold hearted?
Never could feel the warmth of love.
What's it like to feel the warmth of love?
Will I ever really know love? Talking other than drug love.
I love myself, don't I?
I do.
I do.
Is this love, that I posses for me, all the love that I need?
Maybe, this love I have for me, is all the love that I need.

© 2015 Tamika Finley


Author's Note

Tamika Finley
sometimes, we want love so much in that significant other, we forget that oneself can be all the significant other that we need. Love oneself above anything.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
-
" Love others as you love yourself"-Jesus. Before loving someone else, we first need to love ourselves. I love how you dated it and time it to emphasize how you were feeling at the current day and time. Great job describing how elated you felt two days ago and how it has passed now and you wonder if it what exactly you need. "Drug love" as you said. Great job pointing out that it can be an addiction. Love this piece. N.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Tamika Finley

7 Years Ago

Thank you so much for the review. And it's crazy that you started the review saying we need to love .. read more
-

7 Years Ago

Your Welcome. Yea, It is good to read old writings and realize how much you have grown. Blessings, N.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

319 Views
1 Review
Added on December 27, 2015
Last Updated on December 27, 2015

Author

Tamika Finley
Tamika Finley

Detroit, MI



About
I am from Detroit, Michigan but I'll be moving to Florida to start my college experience in the fall. I love to read and write, listen to music, laugh. Sex and the city, Dexter and that 70's show are .. more..

Writing
Den Den

A Poem by Tamika Finley