You're either with me or against me

You're either with me or against me

A Chapter by Meghan Frederick

Skyler rolled on top of me and smiled. "Good morning."
I smiled back. "Good morning, beautiful," I kissed her lips gently and wrapped my arms around her waist.
I've been seeing Skyler for at least six months now. I sneak away from heaven every few days and come down to be with her. We live in my hide out in the ally. Skyler lives here by herself when I'm gone which makes me nervous. We are in the bad part of town and she's so fragile.
She knows I'm an angel. I mean obviously I had to tell her after our first encounter. Speaking of them, we haven't seen them since that day. Skyler is still afraid that they're still out there looking for her, looking to kill her. She has nightmares of them evey night. She wakes up screaming in the middle of the night or I have to wake her up myself because she was thrashing around so much in her sleep.
"Do you absolutely have to go today?" She gave me her puppy dog eyes.
I chuckled. "Yes babe. I have to go."
"But why?" She winned in a cute tone.
"Because I've been gone for a couple days. I'll be back before you know it," I kissed the end of her nose.
I tried to get up but she just put even more weight on me. I sighed and pulled her into my arms as I got off of my bed. I placed her back down onto the bed and pulled the covers back around her. "I'll be back soon, Sky. Don't worry," I kisser her forhead.
"I love you, Dimitri," she whispered.
I sighed and kissed her lips.
I stood up and left in a beam of white light. I was placed in front of my house. I pulled my book bag closer to me and breathed. I opened the door and took in the fresh aroma. It was like flowers just grew in the walls just to produce such a sweet smell. It reminded me of Skyler. I was about to call out some hellos but my mother appeared before me and slapped me across my face. "How long have you been seeing her, Dimitri?" She questioned.
I lifted my hand to my stinging cheek.
"HOW LONG, DIMITRI LUCIUS?!" She screamed at me.
"For six months!" I yelled back.
She gasped and I looked at her. "What are you going to do?"
"You know what we have to do, dear. Angels are forbidden to fall in love with humans."
"Mother just leave her alone! She hasn't done anything wrong!"
"But you've fallen in love with her, haven't you? HAVEN'T YOU?!"
I ran out the door and ran into Artie. "Man, what's going on? I could hear your mom yelling from my room."
"She found out about Skyler."
"Oh. That's not good. You know what they do to humans when this kind of thing happens, dude. What are you going to do?"
"I'm going to protect her."
"You're going against the angels?"
"I guess I am. Are you with me?" I stuck my hand out toward him.
He thought about it then smiled and shook my hand. "Hell yeah," we beamed back to my hideout where poor Skyler was still sleeping.


© 2013 Meghan Frederick


Author's Note

Meghan Frederick
Are y'all liking it so far? :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Meghan, this is turning into a great story. I am going to the next chapter to see what is going to happen next.

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

187 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on August 20, 2013
Last Updated on August 20, 2013
Tags: #against, #battle, #angels, #with, #friendship


Author

Meghan Frederick
Meghan Frederick

Lafayette, LA



About
All I want to do is write :) more..

Writing