Stop Freaking Out

Stop Freaking Out

A Chapter by Meghan Frederick

I sat Skyler on the counter and pressed a damp towel on the cut on her forehead. She winced slightly when I pressed too hard. "I'm sorry," I whispered to her.
"It's okay," she smiled as I continued to wipe the blood off her forehead.
Artie paced around the room with a hand on his head. He kept mumbling to himself; something about demons. "Artie, will you chill?"
He faced me and dropped his hand to his side. "Why are you not freaking out? Your mom sent demons! She's teaming up with them! You saw the vision!"
"I'm just not worried about it," I said calmly as I finished cleaning up Skyler.
"Not worried? Dimitri, she's going after us and Skyler how can you not be worried?"
Artie was right. I should be worried. I should be worried for us, Skyler, and quite possibly the entire race of humanity. I looked at Skyler. I could see in her eyes how scared she was. This is all crashing down on her. I should be there for her but I'm not. She looked at me. "What?" She asked.
"Hey, Artie, can I talk to Skyler alone for a bit?"
Artie nodded. "Sure. I'm going to check around the apartment to make sure everything is secure," he walked right out the room and outside.
I turned toward Skyler and pulled her into my arms. She wrapped her arms around my torso and hugged me tightly in return. I had forgotten about her smell. She smelled so pure. Just like lemons. Sweet lemons. He touch made me heart jump and pound. I felt alive when she was around. When she was in my arms, I felt whole again. After hugging for about a minute, she pulled away but kept her hands on my back. "What was that for?" she asked me.
"It was me apologizing."
"For what?"
"I'm sure you've been struggling with this and I haven't exactly been helping."
"I'm fine. Don't worry about me."
"But I am. I mean come on you were just attacked by demons, Skyler. I'm worried. I am."
"But you don't show it."
"Because I don't want to scare you. I don't want you to be worried because I will protect you with my life." I put her hand in mine and squeezed it.
"I'm not worried about me. I'm worried about you and Artie," she smiled.
Artie swung the door open and had a piece of paper in his hand. His face was pure white and he just stood there. "They've declared war."


© 2013 Meghan Frederick


Author's Note

Meghan Frederick
The craziness begins!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow, what a place to leave it. This story is good and fits right in with the current times of what people want. I will be back for more.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

169 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on September 10, 2013
Last Updated on September 10, 2013
Tags: worried, Artie, angels, demons


Author

Meghan Frederick
Meghan Frederick

Lafayette, LA



About
All I want to do is write :) more..

Writing